Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRAFTING MERICA, A very long journey..

So apparently you only get 1 amber grain from doing elite and it's on the boss.. maybe the nodes and story fights drop them but I haven't heard about it yet which means it's most likely if at all pretty rare.

So I haven't counted how many energy you need to do a whole elite island but I know there is 10 different locations.. that the boss costs 25 energy and I think that two or three of the fights are in two parts which both costs 20 energy..

So the energy cost for Elite Island is about 205 to 265 if you need to do it 100 times.. that makes an energy cost to get Merica of 20 500 to 26 500.. Which is about 2 months of absurdly extreme farming, 3 months of intensive farming and 4 months of normal farming...

Compare that to the 6000 to 7500 energy cost of Perkuna.

Merica is really good (better than Perkuna) but.. I don't think it's worth it...
    If it was Void.. sure i would have dropped my 60 lamps and started right away but Merica.. nope..

yo <3 true ^

Comment

I agree, I stopped after the first run, it will likely take a whole month or more not worth it in my opinion! Don't know why the devs don't bring back double coins instead of double XP for watching a trailer given everything in the game requires coin. Another thought would be to give us 200 vs 100 on regen.

Comment

You could always go back to farming just XP and coin in a different zone and get nothing extra.
        Man, we get a way to obtain a free and very good mythic curio and still not happy?
        To some players it will be worth the journey. Thanks Devs!

Comment

• Bbtsjm
          Bbtsjm commented
          Editing a comment
          People actually farmed coin and exp? It's not even worth the time. This is the first time I've actually played a zone in months.

I think it's just a suggestion to make it more practical. A few months is too long to get a mythic. They get outdated faster than that.

Comment

At least lower the energy cost...20 energy for one node is a little extreme for what you get out of it. Seems to me like I could get about 1 grain per day, so Mjoern's numbers seem about right. Half the time would be more reasonable I think.

Comment

Perhaps one of the nodes could have a 25% chance to drop 1 Amber Grain. So after 80 resets, you would have about 20 amber grain from the random node plus 80 from the final node. It actually takes 245 energy to play through the zone. 245 x 80 = 19,600 energy to get 1 Merika.

That is still going to take a while but not as bad as 100 resets at 24,500 energy. That is a long time to dedicate yourself to one zone. But I do appreciate the opportunity!

Comment

Getting a mtyhic wasn`t supposed to be easy, especially if we're talking about merika one of top mythics... actually it takes less than 3 months of normal farming to get one, quite worth it in my opinion. if you want to spend less time farming there's perkuna for that.

Compare these new features to the stuff we had before, i think the dev's are going in the right path... at least now theres way of getting mythics completly free, craftables made it so everyone have same chance at getting mythics, no need to be at top clubs for cores.

Comment

• jman
                jman commented
                Editing a comment
                Good point Agath_x...I'm really excited that they are allowing us to craft Mythics now...this is a huge development!

However, the biggest concern I have is that they have always removed the craftable curios after a relatively short period of time. They have done this with Kernal, Peppermint, Festisnail, MachTech, Multifrost. I worry that they will do the same with the craftable Mythics, so for me, I think my time is better spent on Perkuna than on Merika. I don't want to spend months working on it and then have the rug pulled out from under me with nothing to show for it.

1.drop chanes increased.
              2.my highest amber grains got 1 try:4 (make 2 per day and you will be ok)
              3.Coral also added.

Comment

We increased the drop by 125% starting today

Comment

• Skull
                  Skull commented
                  Editing a comment
                  125% = amber grains with every node.... (Don't work)

I think she meant 125% over WHAT IT ORIGINALLY WAS not TO 125%, lol!
                On that note someone had a semi-nifty idea for a future elite area (they said next really but I think castle would be more appropriate since it's the first place you encounter mac-techs I think) of making a special challenge node where the reward is a trophy that ups occurrence of supertechs.
                I think that'd also solve about half the problem that having no more AP in PVP presents. For cvc I think either reducing the cost to 1 or making it take as long as energy to regenerate instead (6 minutes for 2 instead of 20)

Comment

i already have 92 amber grains =]]

Comment

Working...
                  X