X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buff needed for Checkmate...

I know you guys are working on a buff for Electron...you should also be working on Checkmate as well. Those 2 are the worst mythics in the game by a long shot. Here are some of the negatives about Checkmate:
    • He has the lowest damage stat of any of the mythics by quite a wide margin.
    • Two of his moves (Flank and Withdraw) are only really effective if you also have Gambit.
    • It looks like he was built to be a support type curio, but can only swap with Gambit, has low health, and very little in the way of healing.
    • It appears as if you guys were going for a Aureus-Aesalon type of combination with Checkmate and Gambit. However, I don't think I saw anyone use this combination very effectively. I think you guys were worried about making the pair overpowered (like Aureus and Aesalon once were) but really undershot instead. Also, Aureus and Aesalon were pretty good curios on their own, whereas Checkmate is not (Gambit is still good thanks to thorns).
    So quite a bit of negatives. I'm struggling to think of a lot of positives. The only way I've been able to use Checkmate in the past (I haven't used him in many months) was as a counter to Gambit. Put an Ultimate or Heroic Dawn Boost on him and he takes little to no damage from Dark curios. Use Blockade to remove Gambit's thorns and the 90% damage reduction combined with the dawn boost results in some nice healing when Gambit attacks on the next turn.

Now let's get to my biggest problem with Checkmate. Just by his name, you'd expect him to be a really good finisher. His name is Checkmate, and he has moves called Check and Mate. Those should be his signature moves, right? Check to set up and Mate to finish off? Well, I've never used Check in battle...it's a complete waste of a move slot. It will silence and trap an enemy for one turn and apply the check buff...no damage done or anything else...it's entire purpose as a move is to set up Mate. So you look at Mate to see the benefit you get from the Check buff...all it gives you is an extra 50% on 3625-4882 base damage. So you've just spent 2 moves trying to set up a maximum of 7300 damage. A finishing move this is not! This is why pretty much nobody uses the Check skill and opts for Flank or Break instead. In my setup I use Crush, Mate, Break and Blockade.

You're probably saying to yourself, "what about the additional damage that Mate does that you completely ignored?". There's a reason I ignored the extra damage on Mate...it's because it pretty much never applies! The part I'm referring to from the Mate skill is "deals an additional 50% damage if enemy is below 15% health". Let's do some math on this. Assume the enemy curio has about 40k health (most fully evolved and ranked Mythics fall somewhere in this range). For the enemy to be at or below 15% health, it would have to be at or below 6000 health. With my fully evolved, Rank 6, non-fused Checkmate, it deals 6400-8600 damage. Which means the extra damage is really obsolete...once the enemy is below 15%, the base damage from Mate is going to finish him off anyway.

I think Checkmate can be a good curio if done right. My recommendation would be to focus on some or all of the following areas:
    • First, I would start with his namesake moves, Check and Mate. Make those a really strong finishing combination somehow, and then build the rest of his skills around that.
    • Look into improving his role as a support curio. Right now, his biggest support benefit is removing buffs/debuffs. However, to try to make use of this you have to waste moves swapping in and out, so that benefit is essentially lost.
    • Try to make the Checkmate/Gambit combination a good one. They were designed to work together, but it was never done effectively in my opinion.
    Hope this helps!

Well said! I don't have him but i saw that problem with check-mate.. He was weak months ago too,and some skills are really useless. Let's talk about electron: He should have an high damage and low health(like lolli) And also be a good support for electric curios (imo). Atm he has low health(maybe too low) And some skills are useless too as checkmate... Proton: stuns for 1 turn and does 2-4k damage ,high mana and cooldown so it's a big waste, isotope increases only 40% damage for 3 turns(and probably he will die before 3 turns :/ ) charge-gamma ray looks like check-mate,it doesn't give a great buff. Atm the only good skill is plasma bond.. So he needs a total remake to be usefull. is it important if i say that i have electron Fusion2 and i don't use him even in electric boosted events?

Comment

Aggree electron and check need a huge buff

Comment

Fully agree checmate is worthless right now. Even when light is boosted Checkmate fails to support the team.

Comment

• FireScorpus
          FireScorpus commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree, I have Checkmate and she is not very good and I only have two mythics and six legends, but luckily I have a bolt fused once which helps quite a bit.

I agree 100%, Checkmate has grown harder to use and has actually hindered my team more than help it due to the low damage output. He was easily swapped out of my team the second I got something better. It takes too much set up to deal any real damage and even then it only seems to be able to take on dark curios and little else.

Comment

Even the legendary light curios are not Upto the mark....best example is lumin as it show high damage but non of it skill set utilize it to its maximum capacity

Comment

I have not seen any reply from the devs, whether they are doing something on it or even is it on their list ?

Comment

50% light boosted PVP is best example for defining the weakness/incapability of the light Curious. Generally if any element is boosted and a player don't have any curio of that element than its become difficult to be in top 100 rank (specially if dark is boosted) but if light is boosted like in the PVP event one can find that their are may players in top 100 without any light curious. also I have not seen any light curio apart from Jenite and Ampaca to be used by top players

Comment

Working...
              X