X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much AP!

Let's start by stating some facts: AP has become extremely easy to get now. The amount of AP per gem is doubled and PvP gives out several times as much as it used to. Simply, AP is "given out like candy." In addition, the top 10 of cvc is often people who saved their AP for a few weeks and then spent it all in the first bracket. The fact that AP is so easily obtained results in this. Now: why is it a problem (time for opinions)? Generally, it throws off the balance of club events and downgrades the importance of team loyalty. Leaders no longer need to find members who will be loyal and score consistently. Instead, they can just find random people who hardly play (probably alternate accounts) to spend their stores of AP. I've noticed this effect personally. I no longer feel adequate being in a high ranked club, since my score, even saving PVP AP is not stellar. It makes me want to take breaks between events so I can actually be a useful member. I no longer enjoy club events. On top of this, AP is way too cheap in terms of gems. Money throws off the balance so easily. Basically, the combination of these two things makes club events no longer enjoyable, and makes me no longer want to spend my money in the game. In fact, I haven't in months due to all of these changes. I am not sure how far removed the devs are from the players, but this is a big problem, in my opinion.

You are right, the amount of ap we get atm is too much, but the devs allready said they will remove ap from the random bags in the rewards. But what you say about the clubs is totaly wrong. Ofc a member who saved ap can give a club a nice push at the start but the first bracket doesnt really matter. A club that is ranked high after the first bracket only because they had someone that saved, is most likely to drop like a stone after that. The cvc leaderboard is pretty accurate and the clubs that are in the top 10 all deserve to be there, and surely are not there because they had people that saved ap over weeks. I would take a loyal member a hundret times over some random that saved ap, and im pretty sure other leaders would too.

Comment

im pretty sure the most of that random guys who makes a huge scores are alt accs who they use just for stash aps,specially in the low ranks clubs,how many times we see 1 or 2 unknown players making more than 20k pts in the 1st bracket of te cvc with lame curios in teyre teams in a small club (100% is a alt acc of 1 of his player),a lot of players save aps to play in a top 1-2 clubs,so is very suspicious when we saw a inknown player in a club top 20-30 with a huge score,and yes the aps is very easy to get right now,i think is a good thing because if a few players of certain clubs skips sa or fw can help a lot his clubs in a club event and the ammouns of aps per gems is very excesive

Comment

As I see it, the amount of AP might be a problem, but as shown by the above posts, the problem lies more in the 1st bracket of CvC. You say 'club events' but I see no mention of CW. Coincidentally, CW is where the skill/levels/team strength make a difference between players. There was another thread about the 1st bracket of CvC where I posted the same thing: if you decide to tackle the problem of the 1st bracket of CvC to eliminate the 'unknown heroes' burning huge amounts of AP, make sure to even out the rewards as it'll be harder to get to point rewards (both club and personal).

Comment

• Bbtsjm
          Bbtsjm commented
          Editing a comment
          The problem with "fixing" the first bracket is that it also means we can't mindlessly use up the ~300 AP we save between events now with this crazy AP surge. I mention cvc because that was the recent event. It is a bit less of a problem in CW but you do have strong players taking break me and coming back and scoring relatively large scores. Luckily I can autoplay CW.

I don't believe the amount of AP we get is too much. I know some players can just pay for AP, and that's fine and dandy. What you have to consider though are players who can not pay for the game, players like myself. Players who can't pay have to work harder to get anywhere in-game. So when it comes to club events you can usually guarantee those players will try their best.

AP is our only shot at better rewards and overall success in-game. Need gems? Get high scores. Need cores? Get high scores. Need tokens? Get high scores. They can't pay for it and have to get them somehow. Taking away their main source makes it harder on the free player. People were complaining when gems got reduced. Reducing the AP they can use to get higher scores (which equal higher loot rewards) feels like another wall to the free player and will only cause negative results.

Comment

It's interesting that people disagree. Well, it'll probably force me to quit soon since I have a life outside of curio and can't wake up to burn 300 AP at the beginning of each club event. I'll just save up for a month and have 3000 AP ready to go for a single event.

Comment

Wow is someone really complaining that the game is giving us too much for prizes? If you don't want to use them, then don't. Many other players out there enjoy getting more AP's gives us more than 5 minutes of when we login

Comment

Prizes become worthless if you give too much out... Anyway, I know a lot of people personally that can't handle all the AP -- it takes me probably two hours straight at minimum to burn my 300 AP from the beginning of this CW. This is why people are constantly taking "breaks" from club events... And isn't it part of the reason cqe1 disbanded? Too much spending related to the huge amount of AP gems give out.

Comment

Working...
              X