Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Notes: September 15, 2016

Scheduled Update for September 15, 2016

Updates/Fixes
    • Remember: It’s Curio Quest’s Birthday this month, so gear up for a busy September. You can get an overview of what’s coming in the September State of the Game [http://tinyurl.com/cqsotgsept].
    • The Battle, Collector, and Club Cores have been updated to include newer Mythics and Legendaries, up through Coral and Karkadan.
    • You’ll notice new prize chests in CvC and PvP, which contain a chance at Legendary and Mythic Curios, currencies, and Enhancements.
    • The new Curio Profile Screen is now live!
    • There is now a Skin Shop, which allows you to peruse skins for purchase with ease. You can find it in the Shop.
    • Elite Mode for Zone 1 is ready and waiting for you. Good luck, Collectors!
    Featured Sales
    *NEW* Mythic Earth Curio: Summer in the Shop!
    Summer

Name Summer
    Lore The herald of growth and blooming life. This Curio is as old as the seasons themselves. Flowers bloom in each print.
    Rarity Mythic
    Element Earth
    Max Stats
    Damage 2,034
    Health 23,450
    Healing 1,400
    Mana 20
    Luck 230
    Skills
    Name Mana Cost Cooldown Description
    Shatter 0 0 Deals 1692-2749 Physical damage to enemy Curio. If enemy Curio is Frozen, deal an additional 2432-3066 Earth damage.
    Drought 3 4 Steal 5% of enemy Curio's health, + 2-10% per Winter on your team.
    Radiate 2 2 Deals 1480-2326 Earth and Light damage to enemy Curio. If enemy is Frozen, they become Entangled for 3 turns.
    Entangle 1 3 Entangle enemy Curio and 3 random enemy Curios over the next 3 turns. Entangled Curios take 740-1797 Earth damage for 3 turns.
    Spores 1 2 Deals 951-1692 Earth damage to enemy Curio. Reduces enemy Curios' healing by 100%, +50-100% for each Winter on your team, for 3 turns.
    Regrowth 2 2 Heal target for 928-1642 for 3 turns. When expired or dispelled, if target was Winter, heal your other Curios for 2142-2713.
    Overgrow 1 4 All friendly Summers and Winters gain 10% damage, healing, and reduced damage taken for 5 turns, +10% per turn. Cannot be dispelled.
    Seasons 0 3 Deals 1586-1903 Earth damage, drains 5 mana, and silences enemy Curio for 1 turn. Swap to a friendly Winter on your team.

*NEW* Mythic Water Curio: Winter in the Shop!
    Winter

Name Winter
    Lore An end to life, and an end to growth. The necessary opposite sibling, frost forms around each footfall.
    Rarity Mythic
    Element Water
    Max Stats
    Damage 2,128
    Health 23,574
    Healing 1,292
    Mana 17
    Luck 210
    Skills
    Name Mana Cost Cooldown Description
    Pierce 0 0 Deals 1779-2876 Physical damage to enemy Curio. If enemy Curio is Entangled, deal an additional 885-1327 Water damage.
    Hibernate 2 2 Heal friendly Winters and Summers for 790-1185 health, and an additional 921-1317 at the start of your next turn.
    Deep Cold 3 3 Deal 4204-6639 Water damage to enemy Curio and heal self for 10-20% of damage done.
    Frostbite 2 3 For 4 turns, enemy Curio is trapped and takes 885-2102 Water damage each turn. 25% chance at start of their turn to become Frozen and stunned for 1 turn.
    Tundra 1 0 Deal 1062-1593 Water damage to enemy Curios. Deals an additional 885-2213 Water damage to entangled Curios.
    Enchant 1 2 Deal 995-1659 Water damage to enemy Curio. For 3 turns, each time they deal damage, they damage their friendly inactive Curios for 221-885 Water damage.
    Nightchill 0 2 Deals 2876-3762 Water and Dark damage to enemy Curio. If enemy is Entangled, they become Frozen and stunned for 1 turn.
    Seasons 0 3 Deals 1659-1991 Water damage, drains 5 mana, and silences enemy Curio for 1 turn. Swap to a friendly Summer on your team.

Meet Summer and Winter!
    • Starts September 15, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 17, 20:00 GMT
    Light and Fire Sale!
    • Starts September 17, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 19, 20:00 GMT
    Air and Dark Sale!
    • Starts September 19, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 21, 20:00 GMT
    Electric and Physical Sale!
    • Starts September 21, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 23, 20:00 GMT
    Events
    Survival Arena
    Changing Seasons
    • Earth and Water Boosted 50%
    • Summer and Winter Boosted additional 50%
    • Starts September 16, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 18, 20:00 GMT
    Club vs Club
    Rising Suns
    • Light and Fire Boosted 50%
    • Starts September 19, 16:00 GMT
    • Ends September 21, 16:00 GMT
    Faction Wars Community Event
    • Physical vs Dark
    • Starts September 22, 16:00 GMT
    • Ends September 24, 16:00 GMT
    PVP

Zap!
    • Electric Boosted 200%
    • Starts September 15, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 16, 20:00 GMT
    Mud Pie
    • Earth and Water Boosted 50%
    • Starts September 16, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 17, 20:00 GMT
    Dragon Masters
    • Bolt, Williwaw, Qilin, Grotesk, Erebus, Darking, Grail, Dragos, Hydragon and Drakitton mega boosted.
    • Starts September 17, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 18, 8:00 GMT
    Beaks of Fury
    • Pterowatt, Ducan, Tropigust, Vultaire, Kiya, Gryphos, Galluvane, Gustwing, Strix and Merika mega boosted.
    • Starts September 18, 8:00 GMT
    Champion’s Glow
    • Light and Fire Boosted 30%
    • Starts September 18, 20:00 GMT
    Hot Tamales
    • Fire Boosted 100%
    • Starts September 19, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 20, 20:00 GMT
    Windstorm
    • Air and Dark Boosted 50%
    • Starts September 20, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 21, 20:00 GMT
    Call the Waaambulance
    • Healing -100%
    • Starts September 21, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends September 22, 20:00 GMT
    Feedback Area

To ensure that we hear your feedback and ideas about new content and to make sure we keep our conversations constructive, we're adding a handy-dandy feedback format to the patch notes - you should be able to reply below using this format and let us know what you think!

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Share the news using this URL:http://tinyurl.com/cqpatch0915
    Last edited by LittleFury; September 15th, 2016, 07:20 PM.

My favorite thing: The return of PVP cores as rewards. I have been eagerly awaiting their return since I was only 7 away from cashing in for a mythic, and with the pool for mythics larger, I'm hoping for something good. The skin shop is also pretty cool.

What I didn't care for: The coin rewards are better, but still a little low. Also, the lack of any way to get enhancements is going to make it painfully difficult to make any new curios stronger.I'm really hoping for some sort of enhancement shop or to have them mixed in with curios again. I liked the old promo shop for how even if I didn't get any new curios, I could at least obtain means to make my current ones a bit stronger.

Comment

Hi
      This week I like random curio added.

Summer & Winter added this week should be in 6 star instead of 5 star because now it creates a huge difference between older mythics and new one.

I hope there will be no scarcity of mastery tokens and it will be distributed uniformly in rewards somehow. Which is not shown right now.
      Last edited by abhig101; September 16th, 2016, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Hey gang. The new chests for PvP contain Coins, Enhancements and Mastery Token fragments. Let us know how those work out for you!

Comment

• Sha8nk
          Sha8nk commented
          Editing a comment
          U mentioned a chance to get curios from pvp and cvc chest, did u remove tht?

• ExyZ
          ExyZ commented
          Editing a comment
          Not seen anything in the chests except enhancements (15 chests = 15 enhancements) would be nice to see some of the other rewards.

I must say I disagree with alot of things the Devs do. But the way they are doing boosted curios in pvp this week is great. It has many different rank and elements boosted. Lots of fun playing different players you normally don't see in the top 100. Keep it up with the mix of boosted elements!

Comment

• Boyd
          Boyd commented
          Editing a comment
          I'll take some of the credit for that thanks. More than welcome to visit the thread with my ideas in

Ugh, I am still disappointed with the PVP Rank rewards. Only the top 100 player ranks get gems? And they go from 1000 gems at rank 1 down to 100 gems at rank 100. How does being number one justify 1000 gems? I would rather see some of those high rank gems go to the players at rank 101-250.

I think getting rank 101-250 deserves around 25 gems. Rank 1 could be reduced to 500 or 600 gems and then adjust the ranks in between to make a more fitting distribution.

The PVP Point rewards are ok, except that the point tiers rise too rapidly after achieving 2000 points. No additional reward until 3000, 4000, and on up? The gaps are just too big.

Comment

Working...
        X