Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Notes: July 21, 2016

Scheduled Update for July 21, 2016

Fixes/Updates
    • Last week, a couple of our bug fixes were accidentally reverted, so we’ve resubmitted them this week:
      • Amgar’s Spar has been fixed so that it now delivers the correct amount of damage.
      • Scorpio’s Venom has been fixed so that the description now reflects the skill, which increases damage for three turns, not just one, as intended.
      • Boletus’s Spores has been fixed to last 3 turns, as intended.
    • Axed’s ThickHide is now fixed so that it increases damage to enemy team rather than decreasing it. Axed’s Roar is now fixed so that is applies the correct buff AND debuff.
    • Hieron’s Wear was lasting one turn too long. It’s now been fixed.
    • Shylewouf’s MoonHeal will not longer heal enemy Curios.
    • Qilin’s Shine now heals the correct 50% and applies correctly as a buff.
    • Merika’s BadaBoom was incorrectly dealing fire damage. This has been fixed and it now deals Physical damage.
    • Void! He’s back from the salon!
      • Everyone who owns Void will be earning one gem for each Void that they own in order to reset his skills with his new skillset.
      • And now that Void has finished his makeover we’d like to reintroduce you.
    Say hello to Void: The Minion Master.

Void has a dark mastery over the life force that flows through all Curios. By manipulating this energy he can heal and resurrect his allies, as well as empower them to new terrifying heights.

Void is a support Curio with good hit points and decent heal potential. He specializes in enhancing and sustaining the other Curios on his squad while also generally being a nuisance to the opposing team through stuns, silences, and his ability to swap out.

Void’s Skills

Lesser Qi - Mana: 0, Cooldown: 0

Lesser Qi damages the enemy Curio for a moderate amount of damage and heals Void for part of that damage. Void then transfers most of this new health with the other Curios on the squad. Most of the time Void still comes out on the positive end of this exchange, but just barely.

Greater Qi - Mana:3, Cooldown: 3

This is Voids big damage attack. Like Lesser Qi he steals health from his enemies, only now he hits much harder and takes a much larger portion of the damage as health for himself. He then heals his fellow Curios for a percentage of their max health and has a chance to revive a random fallen Curio at 10% health.

Frighten - Mana: 2, Cooldown: 3

This is one of Voids control and harassment abilities. It deals damage to the enemy Curio and then silences them for 2 turns. Giving Void time to enhance other Curios, swap out, or just keep on battling away.

Magnify - Mana: 0, Cooldown: 6

This is Voids “big daddy” ability. He buffs a Curio for 50% damage and swaps with that Curio. Each round that buff remains active it increases by +50% up to a total of 250% damage! Be afraid...Be VERY afraid.

Shadows - Mana: 2, Cooldown:3

Shadows is Void’s damage mitigation ability. It deals a small amount of damage to all enemy Curios, places a 50% damage reduction on all ally Curios, and swaps Void out with a target Curio (which can be Void if you want to keep him in there and active). If Void swaps in, in the next 3 rounds, he has a 55% chance to stun the enemy Curio.

Dark Life -- Mana 3, Cooldown: 5

Void uses this dark power to revive fallen allies, restoring 40% of their max health and swapping with them. There is a 75% chance to stun the enemy Curio and if Void swaps in, during the next 3 rounds, he has a 55% chance to stun the enemy Curio.

A good starting kit for Void is to use Lesser Qi, Greater Qi, Magnify, and Dark Life. This is an ally focused build for Void enabling him to sustain his teammates through multiple faints.

*NEW SKILLS* for Mythic Dark Curio: Void
    Name Void
    Lore Void's small physical form is misleading. His dark aura reaches far beyond his cloak, altering every Curio it touches.
    Rarity Mythic
    Element Dark
    Max Stats
    Damage 1,604
    Health 21,190
    Healing 1,402
    Mana 26
    Luck 178
    Skills
    Name Mana Cost Cooldown Description
    Shadows 2 3 Deals 528-2065 Dark damage to enemy Curios and Void swaps. For 3 turns your Curios take 50% less damage and Void has 55% chance to stun on swap in.
    Magnify 0 6 Swap with target Curio and buff that Curio for 5 turns with Magnify. Magnify increases damage dealt by 50%, +50% damage per turn Magnify is active [up to 250%].
    Dark Life 3 5 Revive target, restore 40% health and 15 mana, and swap. 75% chance to stun enemy. For 3 turns Void has 55% chance to stun enemy on swap in.
    Lesser Qi 0 0 Deals 826-2065 Dark damage to enemy Curio and heals Void for 50% of the damage. Transfers 20% health to inactive Curios.
    Greater Qi 3 3 Deals 1652-4130 Dark damage to enemy and heals Void for 75% of damage. Inactive Curios are healed for 33% of max HP, 40% chance to revive a Curio at 10% HP.
    Frighten 2 3 Deals 578-2065 Dark damage to enemy Curio and silences them for 2 turns.

Featured Sales

Earth, Dark, and Water Sale!
    • Starts July 22, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 23, 23:00 GMT
    Air and Physical Sale!
    • Starts July 23, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 24, 23:00 GMT
    Light, Electric and Fire Sale!
    • Starts July 24, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 25, 23:00 GMT
    Water, Air and Light Sale!
    • Starts July 25, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 26, 23:00 GMT
    Earth, Dark and Water Sale!
    Starts July 26, 23:00 GMT
    Ends July 27, 23:00 GMT
    Physical and Fire Sale!
    Starts July 27, 23:00 GMT
    Ends July 28, 23:00 GMT
    Earth, Light, Dark, and Electric Sale!
    Starts July 28, 23:00 GMT
    Ends July 29, 23:00 GMT
    Events

Survival Arena
    • Earth and Water Boosted 100%
    • Started July 21, 18:00 GMT
    • Ends July 23, 18:00 GMT
    Club Wars
    • Rarely Mythic
    • 2* Rares Boosted to Mythic Levels
    Faction Wars!
    • Earth v Dark v Water
    • Starts July 26, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 28, 23:00 GMT
    Club vs Club
    • Four Forces
    • Dark, Light, Electric, Physical Boosted 30%
    • Starts July 28, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 30, 23:00 GMT
    PvP

Swamp Things
    • Earth, Dark, Water Boosted 50%
    • Starts July 22, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 23, 23:00 GMT
    Clash of the Titans: Air vs Physical
    • Air and Physical Boosted 800%
    • Ends July 24, 23:00 GMT
    Electric Light Boogaloo
    • Light, Electric and Fire Boosted 30%
    • Starts July 24, 23:00 GMT
    The Big Blue
    • Water, Air, Light Boosted 50%
    • Starts July 25, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 26, 23:00 GMT
    Subterranean
    • Dark and Earth Boosted 50%
    • Starts July 26, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 27, 23:00 GMT
    Molten Metal
    • Physical and Fire Boosted 30%
    • Starts July 27, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 28, 23:00 GMT
    The Black Marble
    • Earth, Light, Dark and Electric Boosted 100%
    • Starts July 28, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 29, 23:00 GMT
    Feedback Area!
    To ensure that we hear your feedback and ideas about new content and to make sure we keep our conversations constructive, we're adding a handy-dandy feedback format to the patch notes - you should be able to reply below using this format and let us know what you think!

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Share the news using this URL: http://tinyurl.com/cqpatch0721
    Last edited by LittleFury; July 21st, 2016, 11:26 PM.

This week I didn't care for: Void's makeover. I didn't like it because: it's extremely annoying and I have no idea what's going on. Also, it's buffs don't show up so no idea what buffs it has on it. Instead: let's give every void owner 1000 gems and trash void altogether.

Comment

• slidecage
      slidecage commented
      Editing a comment
      many paid a lot more then 1000 gems for void.. i paid 7500 for mine

• D0ug
      D0ug commented
      Editing a comment
      you can keep your 1000 gems. I spent alot more then that!

My favorite thing this week is void because it's like having a new curio, maybe you could do the same thing with electron. he needs a buff like void and dark mythics are the best around,electric should be strong or no one will keep them in their team... This week i wanted to see new rewards in events,it's going to be boring to obtain always the same loots

Comment

OMG I'm loving the new Void. Thanks so much for putting so much thought into him.

Comment

There is no need to nerf both of Void's revives. Pick one and nerf, I understand. But changing both is a little overboard

Comment

any clue why events starting later

Comment

Maybe we could: I have been talking to a few people and it seems like there is a decrease in interest in Club wars due to most the prizes being just curio coins. I myself have also noticed it is a bit more difficult to get enhancements without paying gems. Since club vs club has done a great job of helping to get the rank tokens, perhaps club wars could throw in some enhancements to help make it a bit more rewarding to participate in?

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Void, hands down. While I have yet to use my own since it isn't enhanced or ranked up, I have fought a few and I can tell he is now definitely worth having as opposed to before where you had to have a Phantasma and Shylewolf to make him function decently.

A final question though in terms of Curios. Months back, shortly after the release of the original Void, I remember seeing a notification at the top where other players usually acquire a Mystic Curio saying someone had gotten a Curio called 'Null'. Was that just a mistake in naming or a scrapped Curio or something? At the time I didn't think much of it and assumed the new Light Mystic was leaked early by accident (To go along with Void, both for the dark and light theme that Checkmate and Gambit shared as well as being a play on the term 'null and void') but now that time has gone by and I haven't seen anything like it released, I figured maybe now might be the time to ask about it. I might have misread or be remembering wrong but it never hurts to ask I suppose.

Comment

Can we Please go back to the other start times it used to start at 4pm est now its 7pm est... its way too late

Comment

• ExyZ
              ExyZ commented
              Editing a comment
              Personnally I LOVE these new times...Thank you CQ!

• LittleFury
              LittleFury commented
              Editing a comment
              Hey Slide. We're trying out some things but nothing is permanent. I'll touch base with the Community and see how others feel with the start times. Were you happy with 18:00 GMT or do you have other times to suggest?

• abhig101
              abhig101 commented
              Editing a comment
              Hi
              I agree with cage, I know this game is for all the players across globe so time which is bad for me must be good for someone else. Here I am giving feedback that this timing is not good for me. And yes 18.00 GMT was better.

It should be good for me too

Comment

These times work but are really on the edge for many EU and SEA players. Starting at 0:00 CET / 1:00 am CEST and 6:00am-8:00am in SEA is really tough for the working part of this community from the respective places. This will make it quite inconvenient to play for a major part to play the start and especially the end (the end is usually most fun).

Comment

an idea with the times maybe make it different each week..

one week start events at 1800 gmt
                one week start events at 2300 gmt

and then one week at another time and one week at another time... take a pole to see what times people want

at least on the east coast
                the 1800 is 4pm what means i can hit at 4pm and then again at 7p,
                the 2300 i can hit at 7pm but then cant hit again for 12 hours +

but like to see what others say as well

Comment

Working...
                X