Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch Notes: July 1, 2016

Scheduled Update for July 1, 2016

Fixes / Updates
    • First, you may have noticed a mini-Patch last Friday, June 24th. Here’s a quick recap:
      • Say hello to BobSloth! BobSloth is a Physical Curio, with high healing and amazing mana generation!
        BobSloth
      • Autobattle! Now you can automate your battles by pressing the play button at the top of the screen. Be warned, the AI is not as smart as you are, so plan your skills accordingly. The button can toggle on/off at any time simply by pressing it again.
    • Purchase restoration: This can be found in the options tab (3 lines on the bottom left). This is primarily for mobile users. Should a purchase fail but you’re still charged - perhaps due to a disconnect mid-transaction - you can go here and hit the Restore Purchases button. This will access Apple of Google’s systems, compare their receipts against ours, and grant you any missing currencies or items.
    • Starter Bundles! We tried last week, and then had to call in an exterminator to help with bundle bugs! This week, we’ve got everything working shipshape and are reintroducing a new starter bundle that will be available community-wide for a limited time.
    • Limited Offers: For a limited time, we’re offering a few special Curios for direct purchase! And the best part? They come decked out in some new patriotic skins to help you celebrate Independence Day in style! Be sure to check out Geddon, Razorfin, Jenite, and Phantasma from the Limited Offer button on the right side of your Curio screen.
    • Flamoth has been through a lot since joining the Curio team: a strong release, followed by a nerf that some of you felt was a bit too much. As such, we’ve done a slight rebalance. Additionally, some of his animations and icons have been fixed.
      • Flamoth’s HP has been increased from 13,452 to 17,040, with a steeper health gain as you Evolve.
      • The cooldown for Flamoth’s Flap skill was increased from 1 to 2.
      • The Mana cost for Flicker is now 5.
    • Daily Login's Curio of the week is now Stella! No one knows what planet Stellas came from, or if they're from any planet at all. They may be visitors from the stars.
    • We know you’ve been waiting patiently for Void’s makeover. He and Electron are still at the salon, but you can expect them to arrive with their new looks very soon.
    • Legendary disc fragments are still hiding out in a few places in-game, so we’re waiting until their 100% removed to round all of you up to the nearest 100 so you can cash out on this retired inventory item. You can expect this resolution very soon.
    • In honor of Independence Day, the 5th Planet Games offices will be closed on Monday, July 4th. You can anticipate the State of the Game for July upon our return. Happy Holidays!
    Featured Sales
    Meet Merika, the newest Mythic Air Curio! Usually found in spacious skies above amber waves of grain, this Curio is equally at home battling in the land or in the air. Merika is a high risk/high reward Curio, with excellent damage and powerful procs. In his fledgling state he is vulnerable but his power grows exponentially as he manifests his destiny, eventually becoming a tough, hard hitting Curio by level 40.

*NEW* Mythic Air Curio: Merika in the Shop!
    Merika

Name Merika
    Lore Usually found in spacious skies above amber waves of grain, this Curio is equally at home battling on the land or in the air.
    Rarity Mythic
    Element Air
    Max Stats
    Damage 1,782
    Health 20,870
    Healing 966
    Mana 20
    Luck 50
    Skills
    Name Mana Cost Cooldown Description
    Can't Stop 0 0 Deals 45-149 Physical damage to enemy Curio. There's a 50% chance that Merika will gain 50% bonus damage for one turn.
    Won't Stop 0 0 At max upgrade, 50% chance to remove all debuffs from Merika. Deals 85-145 Air damage to enemy Curio.
    Air Power 4 4 Deals 76-175 Air damage to enemy Curios.
    Blow Back 2 4 Enemy Curio swaps with a random inactive Curio and cannot swap in for 2 turns. Deals 85-177 Air damage to enemy Curio.
    Easy Bro 2 3 Deals 65-185 Air damage to enemy Curio with a 50% chance to silence them for 2 turns and a 50% chance to reduce their crit by 100% for 3 turns.
    Big Guns 3 4 Deals 88-250 Physical damage to enemy Curio.
    Bada Boom 2 5 Applies Bomb to enemy. At the end of 4 turns, deals 80-145 Physical damage. If the enemy faints within 4 turns, the bomb explodes, dealing same damage to enemy Curios.

Meet Merika!
    • These wings never lose a feather.
    • Starts July 1, 18:00 GMT
    • Ends July 2, 9:00 GMT
    Get Physical
    • Physical Curios in the shop!
    • Starts JUly 2, 9:00 GMT
    • Ends July 2, 20:00 GMT
    Merika and Friends
    • Merika and all the latest Curios!
    • Starts July 2, 20:00
    • Ends July 3, 10:00
    Let’s Rock!
    • Earth Curios in the shop!
    • Starts July 3, 10:00 GMT
    • Ends July 3, 20:00 GMT
    Meet Merika!
    • These wings never lose a feather
    • Starts July 3, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends July 4, 9:00 GMT
    On Fire!
    • Fire Curios in the shop
    • Starts July 4, 9:00 GMT
    • Ends July 4, 20:00 GMT
    Merika and Friends
    • Featuring Merika and all the latest Curios
    • Starts jUly 4, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends July 5, 8:00 GMT
    Take to the Air!
    • Air Curios in the shop
    • Starts July 5, 8:00
    • Ends July 5, 20:00
    Light and Dark Sale!
    • Starts July 5, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends July 6, 18:00 GMT
    Four Elements
    • Earth, Air, Water and Fire Curios in the shop
    • Starts July 6, 18:00 GMT
    • Ends July 8, 18:00 GMT
    Events

Club Wars
    • Rockets’ Red Glare!
    • Starts July 1, 20:00 GMT
    • Fire, Air and Electric Boosted 30%
    Faction Wars
    • Red, White and Blue: Round 1
    • Starts July 3, 20:00 GMT
    • Fire v Air v Water
    Red, White and Blue: Round 2
    • Starts July 5, 8:00 GMT
    • Ends July 7, 20:00 GMT
    • Fire v Air v Water
    Club v Club
    • Four Elements
    • Starts July 8, 18:00 GMT
    • Ends July 10, 18:00 GMT
    • Earth, Air, Fire, Water Boosted 30%
    PvP

Clash of the Titans: Light v Physical
    • Starts July 1, 18:00 GMT
    • Ends July 1, 23:00 GMT
    • Light and Lhysical Boosted 800%
    Land, Air and Sea!
    • Starts July 1, 23:00 GMT
    • Ends July 2, 4:00 GMT
    • Earth, Water and Air Boosted 100%
    Just the Facts, Man
    • Starts July 2, 4:00 GMT
    • Ends July 2, 9:00 GMT
    • Nothing Boosted
    Shot Heard Round the World
    • Starts July 2, 9:00 GMT
    • Ends July 2, 20:00 GMT
    • Physical Boosted 100%
    Crazy Commons
    • Starts July 2, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends July 3, 1:00 GMT
    • 1* Commons Boosted 1000%
    Clash of the Titans: Earth vs Dark
    • Starts July 3, 1:00 GMT
    • Ends July 3, 6:00 GMT
    • Earth and Dark Boosted 1000%
    Hit the Rank!
    • Starts July 3, 6:00 GMT
    • Ends July 3, 8:00 GMT
    • Hit the Special Ranks for Best Prizes
    Freedom’s Ring
    • Starts July 3, 8:00 GMT
    • Ends July 3, 10:00 GMT
    • Nothing Boosted
    Rockalanche!
    • Starts July 3, 10:00 GMT
    • Earth Boosted 100%
    Raring Rares
    • Starts July 3, 20:00
    • Ends July 4, 1:00 GMT
    • 2* Rare Boosted 1000%
    Tough Guys!
    • Starts July 4, 1:00 GMT
    • Ends July 4, 5:00 GMT
    • Earth and Physical Boosted 100%
    Clash of the Titans: Air vs Water
    • Starts July 4, 5:00 GMT
    • Ends July 4, 9:00 GMT
    • Water and Air Boosted 800%
    Rocket’s Red Glare
    • Starts July 4, 9:00 GMT
    • Ends July 4, 20:00 GMT
    • Fire Boosted 100%
    Clash of the Titans: Electric vs Fire
    • Starts July 4, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends July 5, 1:00 GMT
    • Electric and Fire Boosted 800%
    Hit the Rank!
    • Starts July 5, 1:00 GMT
    • Ends July 5, 3:00 GMT
    • Hit the Special Ranks for Best Prizes
    Epically Epic
    • Starts July 5, 3:00 GMT
    • 3* Epics Boosted 1000%
    Wings of Liberty
    • Starts July 5, 8:00 GMT
    • Ends July 5, 20:00 GMT
    • Air Boosted 100%
    The Calm After
    • Starts July 5, 20:00 GMT
    • Ends July 7, 18:00 GMT
    • Nothing Boosted
    The Four Elements
    • Starts July 7, 18:00 GMT
    • Ends July 8, 18:00 GMT
    • Earth, Air, Fire, Water Boosted 50%
    Feedback Area!
    To ensure that we hear your feedback and ideas about new content and to make sure we keep our conversations constructive, we're adding a handy-dandy feedback format to the patch notes - you should be able to reply below using this format and let us know what you think!

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: [Insert your favorite thing]
    I liked it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Maybe we could: [Tell us if you want us to bring this event back, if you think we can do the same thing a new way, etc]

This week I didn't care for: [Insert what you didn't like]
    I didn't like it because: [Please explain why as best you can, the more specific you are, the better]
    Instead, let's: [Tell us how we can improve something like this in the future]

Share the news using this URL: http://tinyurl.com/cqpatch0701
    Last edited by LittleFury; July 1st, 2016, 08:36 PM.

you should just cancel CW its unfair many could not play when it first started and now you disable battles again....

Comment

Will we get separate rewards for different rounds of FW?

Comment

Im really disappointed in this patch and a couple previous patches because of the changes you sneak into the game without mentioning or explaining anywhere
        • the mythic and legends odds in the promo sales have been reduced significantly
        • 50 gems removed from SA rewards
        • 100+ gems removed from cvc rewards
        • 100 gems removed from Daily Login
        This means we get around 200 gems/week less and gems are worth less in the promo sale. First I thought you are rebalancing gem distribution by removing some gems and adding a gem reward to club wars but the rewards are still the same in club wars.

Additonal feedback: Blitz pvps are great and tonnes of fun but dont do them during club wars. The last blitz pvp weekend was during cw too and it's just horrible! the ap from pvp rewards is stacking up so quickly that it's no fun anymore. club wars battles take a really long time to play and since it's a club event you cant just say you dont play it because you dont wanna let down your club mates. so please dont do blitz pvps which give so much ap during club events because it's just exhausting.

Comment

• VrdPu
          VrdPu commented
          Editing a comment
          faction wars just started and the gem rewards got lowered significantly as well. no reason to play it alot (100 gems 1st place 3rd faction lol) not mentioned here either. no transparency. just sad.

I agree with Pu, a heads-up would have been nice.

My very favorite thing about this week's update is: Autobattle, while I don't use it much myself, it was much needed by the community

I liked it because: it works smoothly (aka, ai not playing slowly, easy switching it on/off)

Maybe we could: mix-up the boosted elements a little. Currently, we have fire and air boosted in CW, in FW afterwards and then again in CvC. Meanwhile, physical gets boosted 3 times in pvp in a single weekend but not once in the club events. These are just an example, it would be great if elements that are boosted in a club event, aren't boosted in the next club event (I understand if it happens with new curios like xolotl/merika to boost their sales but 3 events in a row seems like overkill, especially for people that don't have good curios in those elements).

This week I didn't care for: Flamoth's 'buff' and the timing of the update
        I didn't like it because:
        1) Flamoth: At first I was really upset about what you did, I've calmed down and after all, it doesn't seem that bad. The increased CD to flap seems fair, as it could stack huge damage onto flicker. The mana increase to flicker seems uncalled for: flamy already consumed mana quickly, now it's even faster. My biggest problem here is that it's called a 'rebalance' but the previous 2 'rebalances' made both Gustwing and Razorfin significantly better without making them OP. Flamoth only gets some extra HP but receives 2 nerfs after already being nerfed once. From a psychological point of view, this feels more like a nerf than a buff. I'm fine with how Flamoth plays now but his rebalance doesn't feel in line with the makeover the other 2 got.

2) Timing of the update: this was by far my biggest frustration this week, even though it's not part of these patch notes. At first, everyone got kicked out without warning, Other updates have a warning and disable battles, now it didn't. Luckily, you gave us AP refunds for AP spent, which is very nice (thank you for that ). I got 3 AP back but others got 9 or more back, which isn't really fair. Ok, it's just a few AP so no big deal but all players should be treated equally.
        The fact that this happened right at the start of CW made the beginning of CW a nightmare to play. For me it felt like this: get kicked out (ok?), waiting, refund (yay), unfair refund (aww), can't play anymore (grrr), dev appears in kong chat (great, now we will know what's going on and how long it'll take), MULTIPLE requests by players to devs to explain the situation, no response at all. The previous sentence was a weird one but my emotions went all over the place. No response at all was probably the worst thing. I just quit the game at that moment and came back the next morning. In my book this was a major screw-up and should be avoided in the future.

Instead, let's: 1) Flamoth: if you are toning down skills (even when it feels justified like Flap), give us a heads-up about what you are going to do and give us the time to give feedback. It's ultimately your decision but player feedback could be taken into account next time a nerf/rebalance is incoming.
        2) Update timing/handling: simple, don't do updates right at the start of an event. If you must, disable battles in advance like other updates. And most importantly, if a dev appears in kong chat and players are requesting an explanation, RESPOND. Even if it's just something like 'it'll be fixed in X minutes' or 'we are trying to get the game back up asap', that would've been good enough for me.

Sorry for the long post but the feedback format thingy said: the more specific, the better.

Comment

• Space Ape
          Space Ape commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the feedback. I just want to take a sec to poke something you implied in your Flamoth feedback. I'm kinda reading between the lines here so apologies if I'm misunderstanding you.

I know in the past we've been pretty 'static' on our curios. We'd like to get to a place where curios get touched/balanced as needed and with some regularity. So if we make a change to (say) Flamoth it isn't written in stone. Inviting feedback before a balance change (nerf or buff) can be... sticky. (But we should give it a try some time as an experiment.) It really works well to get it in your hands to play with and then we can have a more informed conversation.

SO... your Flamoth feedback is really appreciated. I like that you gave it a chance to come around on the changes. You're finding that Flicker's mana change isn't quite working? We wanted to make sure that Flamoth didn't re-ascend to a place where we would need to nerf it. Perhaps we were overly cautious on that one. We'll take another look in the near future, thanks.

Please bring back the gems!!!!

Comment

It really is sad so see how many less gems we will be getting from events/daily login. You are taking away so much from us, but what are you giving us in return? If you want to take away our gems, can't you atleast give us more enhancements or more cores something to re-balance what we just lost.

Who idea was it anyway to take away from the players who make this game possible. In the future if you take 1 thing away from us, I would like to see us get something else in return, instead of us (the players) taking a total loss.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment here. Please bring back the gems!

CW should award some gems!

Comment

Working...
            X