Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discontinuing Support for Curio Quest

Dear Curio Quest Community,

As some of you may know, Curio Quest has had a lot of ups and downs over the past two years and seen a lot of changes, all with the goal to trying to make your experience better. We have always tried to find the best balance we could for both running a game as great experience, and as a business.

Unfortunately, Curio Quest has reached a point that we can no longer allocate a team to support the game. In the past, when a game reached this point, we would shut it down for a number of reasons. With Curio Quest, we would like to try keeping the game running but discontinue support and no longer provide new content for the game. We do plan to continue to rotate existing events and shops, but will not be creating new ones.

This has been a difficult decision for our team to make, we have really enjoyed expanding this world and sharing it with all of you. In going down this path, our hope is that Curio Quest can continue to live on and that everyone can continue to enjoy this special world we have created.

Can you guys at least let us reset challenge zones now?

Comment

Yo, I just spent some money on here.. why didn't you discontinue that **** earlier before stating this.

Comment

Originally posted by Felendis View Post
        . In going down this path, our hope is that Curio Quest can continue to live on and that everyone can continue to enjoy this special world we have created.
        Everyone, please remember this. CQ is not ending, but is simply not receiving updates or support. It will still continue to run for now and have events/sales. Love you all!

Comment

Wow. What a dissapointing way to end the game. Kinda out of nowhere since you guys didnt even bother to finish the story line. I think announcing the end of the game a few days before christmas was an extra nice touch. After we lined your pockets for years you certainly could have killed the game in a slightly better fashion. Been fun playing with all you guys. Hope to cross paths in the future. -[CAS1]Doug

Comment

so...taking the money you got and running cause your to lazy to do it yourselves....we got you

Comment

Wow,What an awesome Christmas Present,Beyond my worst of nightmares.Thanks for this Incomplete game you Ended.This is Not what I expected from 5pg,Creating new games and ending new one's.If you know you are not getting support atleast don't go on making new games.You are losing the respect and fame.Maybe you will end up doing this for all the games.I better close the topic here,Iam speechless for what you are doing 5PG,no GOOD.

Comment

• lightning1290
                lightning1290 commented
                Editing a comment
                its all for the money they took it and ran

While the individual consumers of an online or mobile game are important, don't ever expect that a game will stay up and running because it's parent company is a benevolent provider of online entertainment.

It's all about the money. Games are made to make money. When they don't make enough, they go away.

It SUCKS because the non-monetized aspects of a game... the FRIENDSHIPS that are forged daily, are subsequently broken.
              For me, that's the saddest part.
              I look forward to chatting with you all in WC and I'd hope that YOU ALL will go down fighting right to the final day in our beloved Curio World.
              your friend till the end...

Comment

• lightning1290
                lightning1290 commented
                Editing a comment
                thats bull **** chaos himself made them over 10k

• ibex
                ibex commented
                Editing a comment
                Do you Really Think CQ doesn't make enough money?

Awesome game maked many great friends and now it its all dead...wow....how much time I spended here and how much money some people spended and it all end like this RIP curios quest

[3V3R]ForestZapper

Comment

At least can we have a trade system now? Just for curios? I want to complete journal and collection and without new events it'll be hard, if we could trade would be nice.

Comment

Just make something nice before you go, one last update, so we all could remember it.

Comment

Seriously I cant know what to begin to but I had a lot of very good and cool friends here like cas1 and zappy and Senka and Zeus ...... I can't go away from them I will really miss all ppl and little fury wich was hyper cool with all ppl ;( and this fantastic game with this big funny curio world all what I can say is goodbye support goodbye devs but I'll still contacting my best friend . What a shame for cq to end up like this !!!!

Comment

Agreed, very sad to see that there won't be any more support.

Still, I will keep playing and thanks for the great game.

Like some others suggested, it would be great if you could give us some form of parting gift like the guaranteed mythic on 10x buy, permanent double coin rewards, reset challenge zones, ...

Comment

Peeps, could you make me a Dev? I want to animate my Jackavolt (last create a curio contest) and put him in the game.. Give everyone one for Christmas or put it somewhere as an event reward.. I won't mess up with anything unless there is a high demand from the remaining community..

I've experience being a benevolent dev on World of dungeon.. I mostly want to be able to put that in my CV cuz I am trying to find a job as a game and chara designer later in my life..
                        Last edited by Mjoern; December 21st, 2016, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• RentalCars
                          RentalCars commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lol. thats not gonna happen

you can thank the reward system for killing the game... there was no reason to give any cash when Wars was giving people 2 to 3 5 stars each time..

Why dont you take the store down ... why keep taking people money if you no longer support the game at least take away buying gems

Comment

• RentalCars
                          RentalCars commented
                          Editing a comment
                          the store needs to stay up. the big rewards what killed the profit making. it was too easy to get a good curio
                      Working...
                      X