Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of the Game (August 2016)

Curio Quest State of the Game: August 2016

Hello Collectors! Another month is upon us and with it comes another (drum roll) State (ate-ate) Of (of-of-of) THE GAME (ame-ame… ok stadium echoes just don’t work as well in type).

Let’s dive right in:

What we did: Last month we celebrated an epic Independence Day with four days of Blitz events and a set of holiday themed skins. Limited offer bundles were off to a rocky start, but with the help of your patience and feedback, we were able to fix the bugs and get those offers out into the world.

Disc fragments were removed from rewards, and players were rounded up to the nearest hundred. If you haven’t already, cash those in ASAP, as the discs will soon be completely removed from Curio Quest (we’re aiming for August 18th).

Thanks to detailed Community feedback, we squashed many skill bugs for some of our toughest Curio contenders, including Scorpio, Hieron, Boletus, Axed, Flamoth, Lumin, Qilin, Gambit, and several more. Additionally, Void was finally released back into the world to show off his new look, joining two new Mythic Curios, Merika and Leyline.

What comes next: This August, our priority list continues to develop. We’re working on a bunch of things and hope to have them out to you as soon as we can.

New Event Rewards
    We have heard your frustrations with rewards, particularly that they often feel unsatisfying. Overall, the Curio Cores have received positive feedback, but there’s a lack of a juicy reward, with instant gratification, when an event is completed. We will be exploring options to make event prizes feel more rewarding so that all of you competitors have something to fight for.

New Boosts
    We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: we are overdue for new boosts. Requests are welcome!

Bug and Balance Fixes
    Expect us to keep the ball rolling on our mission to squash all Curio bugs and ensure that your entire Collection is working as intended. We are also continuing our delicate balancing act as we consider your valuable feedback on the newest round of Curios. We will be giving them a mild balance pass to bring them more in line with their fellow Mythics.

Memory/Caching
    This gnarly bug continues to affect mobile Collectors. The game seems to have a high space requirement to run and we’re looking into solving this.

I Spy with My Little Eye...a Spaceape!
    Be prepared, Collectors! The best way to see what you see is to play alongside you, so you will be seeing me, on occasion, in the event leaderboards. While I could make a fake account, competing with a secret developer feels pretty unfair. So rather than be sneaky, I’ll be upfront so that we can talk about it if my gameplay starts to bother you or cause upset.

Lastly, you can expect more Curios and more skins coming in the next few weeks!

Contests
    Voting will begin soon to select features aligned with the winning Curio from July’s Inspire a Curio Contest. As such, you Collectors will have the ultimate say in all aspects of this new Curio to prepare it for it’s release in early September! You can also expect a few small contests coming your way with weekly Patch Notes so be sure to check back in every Thursday!

Last edited by LittleFury; August 1st, 2016, 11:47 PM.

One thing I have always wondered about cores, why are faction wars cores so much better than SA? In SA you need to place top 50 for 7 mythic cores, but in faction wars I think you need to place top 100 between 3 teams. Why such a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Relly View Post
      One thing I have always wondered about cores, why are faction wars cores so much better than SA? In SA you need to place top 50 for 7 mythic cores, but in faction wars I think you need to place top 100 between 3 teams. Why such a difference
      i think only first place gets those 7 cores for top 100. i think 3rd is only 4

Comment

New Event Rewards
        We have heard your frustrations with rewards, particularly that they often feel unsatisfying. Overall, the Curio Cores have received positive feedback, but there’s a lack of a juicy reward, with instant gratification, when an event is completed. We will be exploring options to make event prizes feel more rewarding so that all of you competitors have something to fight for.

I think CW is the most lacking in rewards. I suggested it several times and will do it again, how about adding enhancements to event rewards? It's an instant prize and solves the above problem a little while also giving people something they desperately need. What about replacing the reward chests there with a good amount of enhancements for everyone to finally enhance more curios. I think most people only enhance their strongest curios (which is usually mythics) fully while others are left unenhanced or barely enhanced. If we get a lot more of them, we can maybe enhance our other curios too, which in turn would make them stronger, and more useable in events (especially when they are boosted in some way).

I would also like to suggest to add them to pvp rewards (chests, separate prize, ...???) or make them more obtainable from nodes.

Lastly, any ETA on a new zone or some other form of spending energy?

Comment

• D0ug
          D0ug commented
          Editing a comment
          agreed on the zone... its been over 8 months

I would agree that CW rewards seem to be the least fulfilling. The Club Rank reward system seems about right, but the club points and individual rewards need some work. The top 20 clubs made the top 6m reward last CW. That reward might be fine if you just make it at 6m, but teams getting upwards of 40m+ are spending gems, if not actual money on the game. I think another few brackets are needed to truly reward the clubs that spend on the game. Perhaps add a 10m, 20m, and 40m bracket. These brackets could include some gems, or maybe some guaranteed top level boosts. Same concept for individual rewards, 100k coins for rank 1? That's a whole bunch of work that essentially amounts to 1/4 of the mythic coins evo 3 cost.

Comment

New purple, green and orange boosts..
          and ultimate and heroic version of the existing Dot boosts..(careful not more than 25% on two turns)

And very important too.. the boost that boost damage by 20% once in a while..

NO one use them, they are absurdly underpowered.. the best one should be at around 70% for 20% boost

Comment

New Boosts: http://mobile.curioquestgame.com/for...-heroic-boosts

New Briar boosts: current briar boosts are not good enough for mythic curios need to be stronger

Event Ideas: http://mobile.curioquestgame.com/for...eas-for-events

Comment

Dude wtf I got 50 gems then curio quest closed by itself then I lost the 50 gems pls help me

Comment

Working...
              X