Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curio Crafting Contest! (Closes December 31st, 11:59pm PST)

Curio Quest-mas Crafting Contest!

Happy holiday, Collectors! Snow is falling in the world of Curios, and the holidays are fast approaching - meaning a great time for crafting and inspired creations! The crafting contest was such a hit last year, we've decided to run it again through the rest of December!

We’ve got most Curio pictures available here, but you can also pick anything from in-game to make a Winter Wonderland goodie. Hand-make an ornament, a decoration, or an edible that’s both holiday and Curio Quest themed, and show it off here! You can use anything from a pine cone to yarn to paper mache! Will you make a Hartwood Menorah? A gingerbread Clubhouse? A Macrobe cake pop? The possibilities are endless!

The Rules
    • You're allowed to have one (1) entry in the contest.
    • Enter by replying to this thread.
    • Do not make additional threads for your entries.
    • Any additional threads created to submit entries will be deleted and their submissions invalid.
    • Your entry must include:
    • Your IGN:
    • Your Player ID:
    • A picture of whatever you’ve crafted with a hand-written sign in the picture that says, “Merry Curio Quest-mas!”
    • Entries must be submitted by December 31 at 23:59 PST.
    • Do not create a new curio concept, inspiration art piece, or Curio Skin.
    • Your entry must be your own, handmade item, not a picture of some ornament, etc that you found on the internet.
    • You may not copy anyone else's art or material.
    • You may repurpose old parts of items, so long as the original pieces have been manipulated in some way to represent a Curio-and-Holiday-themed something (ie: make a Christmas Tree Topper of the Arctic Scientist out of a Bratz© Doll that you’ve repainted the face on and redressed).
    • If your entry contains anyone else’s art or materials beyond the manner than has been described above, it will be disqualified.
    • You may only submit your own crafts that you personally have created.
    • We reserve the right to verify the originality of your entry via an internet search.
    • If it's not your sole work, your entry will be disqualified and all of your Curios will cry themselves to sleep at night.
    • By entering this contest, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to your entry to reference, reproduce, and alter as we see fit.
    • The decision of the Dev Judging Panel is final.
    Sample Entry
    (reusing Mimzy's adorable Multifrost, who currently resides on LittleFury's desk)
    • IGN: Mimzy
    • My Player ID: mimzy5pg
    • My [sample] entry is a Multifrost Snow Globe
    Judging
    • So who wins this one? Our panel of Dev judges will be looking for the following things.
    • Adherence to the rules (even if you've got two great ideas, save one for next time!)
    • Concept originality (did you make a craft that was new and exciting?)
    • Effort put forth (did you take your time to make sure that this is something you can show off with pride?)
    • Curio Cheeriness (is your entry both holiday and Curio themed?)
    Loot
    The thing everyone wants to know about!
    All valid entrants will get their very own Peppermint
    Our five favorite entries (entries #1-5) will get a Jackalo and 500 gems!
    The Grand-Prize winner will also receive a Mythic Curio of their choosing!
    Last edited by LittleFury; December 8th, 2016, 08:46 PM.

IGN: BugMaster13000
    ID: BM13000

Here is my collection of pipe cleaner winter curio ornaments! Merry Curio Quest-mas!

From left to right, they are Winter riding Peppermint, Jackalo, winter skin Sakurasaur, Ramsical, Ornimite, and Conifer.

I would have done more but I became depressed about the game support ending...

Comment

• Mjoern
      Mjoern commented
      Editing a comment
      wow just wow!

• Zombie ExGirlfriend
      Editing a comment
      Fantastic!

ID : MJOERN
    IGN : MJOERN

Reusing my old craft from last year..

Comment

Unfortunately, with no DEVs on the job for CQ right now, there may be no reward issued for this challenge.
      Thumbs up for the effort tho, guys!

Comment

*MOD*BlitzenStorm
        MuteWinds

May as well use last years too

Comment

Working...
        X