Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Not-of-this-Earth Day Creative Contest (Closes April 22, 2016) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not-of-this-Earth Day Creative Contest (Closes April 22, 2016)

Hey there Questers!

Spring has sprung, the Rosies are in bloom, and Earth Day is just around the corner. From our world to the world of Curios, let’s celebrate all things environmental by creating the ideal habitat for a Curio that’s really grown on you.

Do you think you know where Conifer likes to stretch his branches, or where Hartwood feels most at home? We want you to show us! For the month of April, we’re inviting you to design, craft, draw, build, model or map the ideal environment for a Curio of your choosing. Hand-make a diorama, paint a landscape, cross-stitch a scene: the options are endless so long as you keep it creative, original, and make sure to tell us which Curio would be happy to call your creation a perfect home.

The Rules
    You're allowed to have one (1) entry in the contest.
    Enter by replying to this thread.
    This thread will lock once the contest is over.
    Do not make additional threads for your entries.
    Any additional threads created to submit entries will be deleted and their submissions invalid.
    Your entry must include:
    Your IGN:
    Your Player ID:
    A picture of whatever you’ve crafted with a hand-written sign in the picture that says, “Happy Not-of-this-Earth Day!”
    Name your habitat and tell us which Curio would love to call it home.

Here's my (sample) entry:
    Lolli's Crunchy Candy Habitat

Entries must be submitted by April 22, 2016 at 23:59 GMT.
    Do not create a new curio concept, inspiration art piece, or Curio Skin.
    Your entry must be your own, handmade item, and not a picture of something that you simply found on the internet.
    You may not copy anyone else's art or material.
    You may repurpose old parts of items, so long as the original pieces have been manipulated in some way to represent a Curio habitat.
    If your entry contains anyone else’s art or materials beyond the manner than has been described above, it will be disqualified.
    You may only submit your own crafts or art pieces that you personally have created.
    We reserve the right to verify the originality of your entry via an internet search.
    If it's not your sole work, your entry will be disqualified and all of your Curios will cry themselves to sleep at night.
    By entering this contest, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to your entry to reference, reproduce, and alter as we see fit.
    The decision of the Dev Judging Panel is final.

Judging
    So who wins this one? Our panel of Dev judges will be looking for the following things.
    Adherence to the rules (even if you've got two great ideas, save one for next time!)
    Game tie-in (is your entry about something you love in-game?)
    Concept originality (did you make a craft or illustration that was new and exciting?)
    Effort put forth (did you take your time to make sure that this is something you can show off with pride?)
    Curio out-of-this-world Earthiness (is your entry both Curio and environment/habitat themed?)

Loot
    The thing everyone wants to know about!
    All valid entrants will get the Epic Curio, Ramsicle.
    Our five favorite entries (entries #1-5) will get Legendary Florelai.
    The Grand-Prize winner will also receive the Mythic Eco!
    Share the news with this link: http://tinyurl.com/zsvp7xg
    Last edited by LittleFury; April 2nd, 2016, 12:37 AM.

*MOD*BoltGyphon
    Mutefeathers

There's no better place to a silveris than a place with an endless supply of its favorite colorful snack so I welcome you all to
    Rainbow Falls
    Last edited by s-wolff; April 2nd, 2016, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• SapphireDragon
      SapphireDragon commented
      Editing a comment
      I love it! It so colorful! Nice job!

• Rockstar_1
      Rockstar_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      GR8 work i really like silveris

• Mario725
      Mario725 commented
      Editing a comment
      awesome dude

I made a painting too. Not sure if i will post it.

Comment

• BronzerTheGuyYouKnow
      Editing a comment
      do it! just do it!. dont let your dreams be dreams... yesterday we said tomorrow, so just do it. make your dream come true....
      Last edited by BronzerTheGuyYouKnow; April 3rd, 2016, 01:32 PM. Reason: just fixing my grammar a bit, nothing too crazy

• LittleFury
      LittleFury commented
      Editing a comment
      Definitely post!

Hello could you make another sheet with the curios like this one (https://drive.google.com/folderview?...lE&usp=sharing) that you had in the costume contest? There are some of the new curios missing and i had an idea for one that isnt in it

Comment

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      You're not really supposed to draw the curio in it I just did because I always do so I can keep it after just tell them who its for

*MOD*Starlight | Princess_Starllight

Of course you'd find a Bolt in the middle of a storm. ^-^
    (Sorry the background is in black and white. I would've definitely messed up if I had tried to color it. :/ )

Comment

• SapphireDragon
      SapphireDragon commented
      Editing a comment
      It looks amazing!!! I love the storm!!!!

• Rockstar_1
      Rockstar_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      THE BLACK AND WHITE BACKGROUND REALLY LOOKS Great

• Diablo
      Diablo commented
      Editing a comment
      wow

ok i need atleast 10 characters to post soo...

IGN: Alusha
    ID: AzureNight

This is Blossom Forest, Sakurasaur's home.
    (sorry, colored lightly & my scanner didn't pick up the coloring from my colored pencils very well & not good at drawing/coloring but had fun.)

Comment

• SapphireDragon
      SapphireDragon commented
      Editing a comment
      I love the colors. This is totally Sakurasaur's habitat!!

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol I was thinking of the same idea at first then decided on silveris instead

• Rockstar_1
      Rockstar_1 commented
      Editing a comment
      SAKURA THE GREAT

IGN: Anonymous_D3
    ID:
    Anonymous_D3

This are the curios that I selected. My favorite mythic Eco, My favorite legendary Sapphurion, My favorite epic Foleaf and Arjax remind me of my favorite movie (The Forbidden Kingdom). Hope you all enjoy my draw.

#Im2StrongBoy
    #NWAFOREVER

Comment

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you actually make this yourself?

How to post my entry sir please

Comment

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      Use an image hosting site like tinypic.com upload your picture and put the forum link into a comment on here with your game name and ID

• Starlight
      Starlight commented
      Editing a comment
      Imgur works too

IGN: johen

ID: johen

sorry i don't have colours

http://imgur.com/YKEPqmK
    Last edited by johen; April 7th, 2016, 04:41 AM.

Comment

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      This isn't a curio habitat I think you need to reread the rules for this one

• LittleFury
      LittleFury commented
      Editing a comment
      Johen - You're a great artist, but be sure to reread the contest rules. We're looking for you to create the ideal home for your favorite curio or curios. You can take this great illustration and add a background: where would these Curios live if they could live in their ideal realm?

Debería conseguir que la mítica ... Nunca he tenido 1 desde la mítica era de liberación .. Core será una gran ayuda para mi equipo

Comment

mine might get florei

Comment

guys see mine atlest plz i did it using drawing pad on compputer...i may win floerei my name is Angel and my id is badman (had to post in png) plz how is it

Comment

guys see mine atlest plz i did it using drawing pad on compputer...i may win floerei my name is Angel and my id is badman guys why (had to post in png) plz how is it

Comment

guys my post

Comment

why not posting

Comment

Working...
              X