Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Curio Crafting Contest! (Deadline Extended, Closes December 28) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curio Crafting Contest! (Deadline Extended, Closes December 28)

Curio Crafting Contest!

Hey there Curio Questers! Winter has hit Curio Quest, and while you may be snowbound, that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun! Winter is a great time to make personalized nick-nacks, mementos, and goodies, so this season, let’s combine two things we all love: the holidays, and Curio Quest!

In the past we’ve asked you to sketch or recolor Curios for use in the game, but this time, we’re asking you to show off how much you love Curio Quest and make something cool you can brag about when your Great-Aunt Bertha comes to visit!

We’ve got most Curio pictures available here, but you can also pick anything from in-game to make a Winter Wonderland goodie. Hand-make an ornament, a decoration, or an edible that’s both holiday and Curio Quest themed, and show it off here! You can use anything from a pine cone to yarn to paper mache! Will you make a Hartwood Menorah? A gingerbread Clubhouse? A Macrobe cake pop? The possibilities are endless!

The Rules
    • You're allowed to have one (1) entry in the contest.
    • Enter by replying to this thread.
    • This thread will lock once the contest is over.
    • Do not make additional threads for your entries.
      • Any additional threads created to submit entries will be deleted and their submissions invalid.
    • Your entry must include:
      • Your IGN:
      • Your Player ID:
      • A picture of whatever you’ve crafted with a hand-written sign in the picture that says, “Merry Curio Quest-mas!”
    • Entries must be submitted by December 28 at 23:59 GMT.
    • Do not create a new curio concept, inspiration art piece, or Curio Skin.
    • Your entry must be your own, handmade item, not a picture of some ornament, etc that you found on the internet.
      • You may not copy anyone else's art or material.
      • You may repurpose old parts of items, so long as the original pieces have been manipulated in some way to represent a Curio-and-Holiday-themed something (ie: make a Christmas Tree Topper of the Arctic Scientist out of a Bratz© Doll that you’ve repainted the face on and redressed).
      • If your entry contains anyone else’s art or materials beyond the manner than has been described above, it will be disqualified.
    • You may only submit your own crafts that you personally have created.
      • We reserve the right to verify the originality of your entry via an internet search.
      • If it's not your sole work, your entry will be disqualified and all of your Curios will cry themselves to sleep at night.
    • By entering this contest, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to your entry to reference, reproduce, and alter as we see fit.
    • The decision of the Dev Judging Panel is final.
    Embedding Pictures
    Since many people seem to have had issues loading pictures on the forums, let’s do a quick tutorial on the best way to embed pictures here on the CQ forum.
    How to Embed a Picture
    • Once you have your picture file saved (make sure your hand-written note is visible!), go to imgur.com.
    • Click on the blue “upload images” button at the top of the screen.
    • Either drag and drop the file, or find it by browsing on your computer.
    • Click “Start Upload.”
    • Once the upload is complete, there will be a section on the side with different links.
    • Copy the “BBCode (Forums)” link, which will have “[img]” at the front and “[/img]” at the back.
    • Paste that whole link in your entry, remembering to include your IGN and Player ID.
    • Post as usual.

Sample Entry
    My IGN: Mimzy
    My Player ID: mimzy5pg

My [sample] entry is a Multifrost Snow Globe!

Judging
    So who wins this one? Our panel of Dev judges will be looking for the following things.
    • Adherence to the rules (even if you've got two great ideas, save one for next time!)
    • Concept originality (did you make a craft that was new and exciting?)
    • Effort put forth (did you take your time to make sure that this is something you can show off with pride?)
    • Curio Cheeriness (is your entry both holiday and Curio themed?)
    Loot
    The thing everyone wants to know about!
    • All valid entrants will get a copy of the upcoming Epic craftable Curio, Peppermint!
      Sneak Peek the Concept Art
    • Our five favorite entries (entries #1-5) will get a copy of the upcoming Legendary Holiday Curio, Jackalo!
    • The Grand-Prize winner will also receive the Multifrost Snowglobe pictured in the sample entry (just add water)!
    Share the news with this link: http://tinyurl.com/CQContest5
    Last edited by Mimzy; December 14th, 2015, 07:02 PM.

IGN *MOD*CloudWolff
    muteclaws

This is a clay sapphurion wearing her Christmas skin standing out side 3V3R's club which we decorated for christmas her names saphira my lovely pet curio
    Last edited by s-wolff; December 17th, 2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Mjoern
      Mjoern commented
      Editing a comment
      nice dude!. Wait for mine though, it will blow your mind..

• BronzerTheGuyYouKnow
      Editing a comment
      wish they were make that skin for sapph. good job tho!

Attachment

MYIGN: Jimmy
    MYID: zhidan2000

Comment

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      Me either can't see it

• Mimzy
      Mimzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey, Jimmy! Please use the instructions under the OP for Embedding an Image for to attach* the picture of your craft so that your entry is valid. -M
      Last edited by Mimzy; December 11th, 2015, 09:30 PM. Reason: 4 spellingz

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      Attack his pic eh mimzy? Lol

IGN: *MOD*Starlight | Player ID: Princess_Starlight

I made a lot of cq ornaments for my tree, all handmade. The curios/items I made are Kiya, a refresh boost, draking, dangler, thundiger, energy, noxie, a pvp ticket, impkin, lepus, jack, a friend token, liftusk, a poison boost, blue, gems, ducan, a mana enhancement, shylewouf, a rank II token, and an ultimate dark health enhancement (not shown in 2nd picture).

Comment

• Firekirin
      Firekirin commented
      Editing a comment
      ER MEH GERD I LOVE IT!!!

• SapphireDragon
      SapphireDragon commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!! It turned out really beautiful and I love it!! Good job!

• BronzerTheGuyYouKnow
      Editing a comment
      oh man. such creative mind you have tho!

IGN: Zakaro
    Player ID: Zakaro

These are Legoom and Multifrost made out of clay with couple of snowmen and a present waiting for Chirstmas in the snow. Hope u like it

Comment

• Mjoern
      Mjoern commented
      Editing a comment
      nice! poor legoom though must be frisky

• s-wolff
      s-wolff commented
      Editing a comment
      Legoom doesn't seem very happy that its christmas

Mimzy, Can the deadline be postponed to the 20th of december? pretty please..
    I want to participate, i even bought the materials but making a nice sculpture takes time and I have my swedish and english exams next week and my holidays start Thursday afternoon so if you just postpone it 3 days, there will be at least one more participant.. and maybe some more will have the time,

right now I am doing the researches in my sketch book, I could decide myself on the final project by the end of this evening and give it a few hours tomorow but between two characters at least and a background to make for a good scenery and then painting everything it's going to take at least 10 hours of work.

last time I sculpted something it took me like 40 hours but it was a huge 25 inches long dragon with something like 12 000 sculpted scales. ;thanks you! curios are not that complicated..

If possible, I'd love to have a fast answer, I might have a plan for an express craft but it's not as cool.
    Last edited by Mjoern; December 12th, 2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• Mimzy
      Mimzy commented
      Editing a comment
      You know, in the spirit of the Holidays, let's extend it even past the 20th; since the 5PG offices will be closed during the week of Christmas, let's reschedule the due-date until December 28, that way you all have some extra time! I'll officially change it in the OP and the thread title. Since there's more time, make sure you spread the word and tell your friends!

I think is hard to make a cool craft in short time

Comment

• Mjoern
      Mjoern commented
      Editing a comment
      I obtained a postpone of 10 days

IGN: soezie
    ID : soezie

Tis is my version of deputar2

Comment

IGN: alphawolff
      Id: alphawolff
      Hope you all like my clay baby blue christmas skinned tree ornament

Comment

Here is my real life Conifer christmas tree:

IGN: Justin
        Player ID: jman

Comment

• BronzerTheGuyYouKnow
          Editing a comment
          oh man, i love it dude. i wish you win tho. happy curioquestmas man ^u^

• s-wolff
          s-wolff commented
          Editing a comment
          I like the idea looks just like a conifer

that's a lot of very creative idea! I never celebrated christmas so all the pine tree stuff and lights is completely foreign to me

Comment

IGN: SapphireDragon Player ID: SapphurionisMe Hello Everyone! This is my Santa Macrobe in his sleigh with his trusty flying hartwoods (including hudolph the hazel nosed hartwood). I made the craft out of paper, Fabric, stuffing, ect. I hope everyone enjoys it and has a wonderful holiday season!

Comment

• Firekirin
            Firekirin commented
            Editing a comment
            Love all of the hartwoods and the rednosed one! The materials you used to make this is very creative! Keep up the awesome work Sapphire!!
            Last edited by Firekirin; December 20th, 2015, 03:54 AM. Reason: Grammerz

• BronzerTheGuyYouKnow
            Editing a comment
            oh man, i love it! i wonder what santa macrobe gonna give us this year

• s-wolff
            s-wolff commented
            Editing a comment
            Deffinately a winner good luck

IGN: Ghulam
          ID: Ghulam

Here is it! Phatasma T-Shirt. I really love CQ. I wear this in my holiday...

Boom:
          Last edited by Ghulam; December 22nd, 2015, 08:07 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

• BronzerTheGuyYouKnow
            Editing a comment
            phantasma cosmos too op. love it tho ^u^

• s-wolff
            s-wolff commented
            Editing a comment
            This isn't valid unless you put in a sign saying merry curioquest-mas also it has nothing to do with the holidays in any way
            Last edited by s-wolff; December 25th, 2015, 02:51 PM.

• Starlight
            Starlight commented
            Editing a comment
            (You kinda spelled Curio wrong)

My daughter made a Deputar tree topper.

IGN: Bailey
          ID: twinpower2

Comment

• Mjoern
            Mjoern commented
            Editing a comment
            funniest one by far

My other daughter made a Brach door decoration, with Brach colored like a candy cane and holding a candy cane instead of a pitchfork.

IGN: Aubrie
          ID: twinpowr1

Comment

Working...
          X