X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winners of the Inspire a Curio Contesti

Sorry to say but i found the runner ups for the contest uninteresting...it seems like the decision favored the more famous players. Not taking it personally but would have loved to see rewards for other players as well. Plus didn't see any of the applications that had a written description win..wonder why....the game will just get boring this way.what say.

well in my opinion the winner had a good pic but as you said i also think it favoured a bit for the daily players(money players) ......... but none the less i loved wotm8's entry better than the winners entry just had to colour it and this contest would have been his :3 :3

Comment

• wotm8
      wotm8 commented
      Editing a comment
      nawww thanks heaps!

• Natasha
      Natasha commented
      Editing a comment
      @Urza..lol..yes i found your curio very interesting...and i would have give you points just for being the first to submit...not only enthusiasm but courage..not to mention originality coz we all got to read yours and other entries and build up our ideas from there...next time maybe add wings to them...haha...cheers

not going to lie, i thought some of the runner ups was a bit of a giggle, lol like the egg curio and dogbat, sorry for those who drew them up but compared to what else was out there i thought it was kinda silly :P

grats to the winner *shakes fist in the air*

Comment

• Natasha
      Natasha commented
      Editing a comment
      i was hoping people would get my message correctly..i did not want to hurt anyone's feelings personally but yes just take batdog for instance..i mean we already have like a curio (forgotten its name) that looks like a skeleton or rather is a skeleton dog..i thought something more interesting would be nice..like the first entry for instance the Toothbrush gurgling one..kinda funny and unique i think
      I'm just trying to understand how they are chosen because it is so obvious they were much better entries.(Wotm8 yr entry was unique and different too but you already are one of the favorite players of the games..so yeah would have chosen another new player (who has also a good curio)-just a bit of a different flavor...hope you undstand..you know i don't have anything against you personally.You are an awesome player and probably the best but just saying...
      But yes must say congratulation to the winner.(although i must say we already have like a Lion in the game-sorry just thought we needed more of a variety)

• Urza
      Urza commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Natasha, I thought it was hilarious. Guess the Devs didn't feel the same way lol I'm not salty though.

• Urza
      Urza commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Natasha, I thought it was hilarious. Guess the Devs didn't feel the same way lol I'm not salty though.

Errr, with the exception of wot and I, the other 3 posters have 1, 1, and 5 posts total on the forums. Needless to say, I don't think they're "forum favourites" by any stretch of the term.

Though I am just as surprised as you folks that Bat Dog got any consideration. Musta been the tail. Cause dog tails are awesome.

Comment

• Natasha
      Natasha commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi Landerz..yeah you r right ..i was referring to you and wotm8 as the more famous players in the game( but have nothing against you personally but like i told wotm8 it would have been interesting to have others just to encourage new ones...and as for the rest..the egg curio someone(sorry to whoever it is) just drew a face with arms and legs ...i mean its obvious the person did not put any effort in his drawing( but who am i to judge may it does take alot of effort to draw a circle(face) and for lines(arms n legs). There were entries which was far more intriguing and artistic so they must be wondering the same.

• wotm8
      wotm8 commented
      Editing a comment
      understandable natasha, i certainly an no favorite haha, tried to start a boycot a wile ago, demanded many changes in the game publicly, abused and cursed over the forum, hehehe i dont think i'm a favorite :P

• Natasha
      Natasha commented
      Editing a comment
      @wotm8...others may hate you but i think you r an awesome player...cheers...and i just breathed a sigh of relief that you are not angry with me...may you continue to enjoy the game.

Crazy how out of 45 entries COOL and CQE had 7 each which is nearly 1/3 of all entries, and two of the runners up haven't been on the forum for three weeks. Great job everyone.
    Last edited by chonas; March 24th, 2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

well Lander you mistake been try make a curio... you has to use your profile pic as curios i'm sure that you would win easy in this way

Comment

Congratulations to all the winners! Hope to see some exciting new Curios in the game soon.

Comment

The contest wasn't primarily about artistic talent - the writeup was more important (as made clear by the fact that an image was optional). Additionally, how active you are on the forums was irrelevant as well. I do agree, I would have preferred to see something more unique as the winner (although I have to say I do like the artwork). But, ultimately it's down to what entries they thought were the most fun (particularly for runners-up... I assume the winner required more thought, as it will become a permanent part of the game).

Comment

• Natasha
            Natasha commented
            Editing a comment
            hi Dyllan...i thought the writeup for egg face was like ginger bread man..lol

Wow, everyone finds something to complain about....Sorry natasha and company, but, I will disagree. The winners won fair and square, nothing to do with favorites or activity...(if the latter were the case, I would have won first place). Instead of complaining, you should be congratulating those who won. Accusing the judges of 'favoritism' shows you're a poor sport who can't take losing something that was mostly just for fun.
          Last edited by tzolak; March 25th, 2015, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• Natasha
            Natasha commented
            Editing a comment
            well tzolak..i thought everyone has a right to their opinion...fyi i didn't say the judges showed favoritism...i just suggested more flavor in the game. As you have the right to your opinion so have i. No one complains about your harsh comments in the forums so you should allow others to express themselves.If my comments seems harsh to you then i apologize and will not voice myself in the forums again. After all i m just a junior member.and my voice doesn't matter. Cheers n have fun:

• Gnaidu
            Gnaidu commented
            Editing a comment
            @tzolak i never complained and nor is natasha complaining we are just stating our opinions on a matter releated to a game .......last time i checked i was allowed to do that :]

Hey folks!

I just wanted to clear up that, as I said, the Dev team had a hard time picking out who won this contest. We went through several rounds of judging, starting with factors like, "Which entry is your favorite," and then, "Of those, which will thematically work in the Curio Quest universe," and finally, "Of those, which is (thematically, artistically, and as a whole concept) the best choice for the game?"

Factors we did not take into consideration included player previous activity (both in-game and on the forum), player popularity, and time spent by the player in-game. While some players with noticeable names may have gotten to our final picks, this is a reflection of their own understanding of the game, not an indication of prejudice on the the judges' part.

Comment

• Gnaidu
            Gnaidu commented
            Editing a comment
            well mimzy whats done is done and the contest has ended and the rewards announced.....if you say that there was no favouritism involved we believe you and as @tzolak stressed on the point that you made this is just a first of many upcoming contests its better to wait for it when they come.....

• Gnaidu
            Gnaidu commented
            Editing a comment
            but in the mean time can you please take a note and just see the facebook page??? there have been no posts or PROMO codes for 7 days now .... are we going to get any future PROMO codes or you need someone to run the facebook page and post on behalf of the devs.......

I would just like to come in and say that:

Thanks for many for the support and the congratulations, it's honestly both an honor and delight to be chosen as the grand winner. As many here, I adore being part of Curio Quest.
          I'm sorry for those who were hoping for a more fitting winner, I understand that everyone has different tastes and opinions. And for sure, I know that there were other great entries who could have taken the place of grand winner. I congratulate the Runner Ups also, especially wotm8. In my opinion they've done an amazing job, not only them but I would say everyone who participated has done a great job for seeking interest and tried helping with making a new curio for the game. And for sure, there's always a next time, stay happy and creative~

Comment

• Natasha
            Natasha commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey Susari...its my turn to say congratulations to you ...not because tzolak expects me to or because i regret seeing things differently but because i mean it.Good job and well done. CheersAs for me and tzolak, the words exchanged were not directly meant for you just a bit of clarification of my opinion and right to say things in the forum...if everyone thought the same way then no need for forums and all this while the devs have been encouraging our thoughts in making the game better so i though to put mine in. I apologize my friend if i seemed too harsh but i meant well and thought that the devs would be motivated to add more variety of winners...(maybe next time i will draw French Toast and might win...lol..just kidding)Cheers and may you continue to enjoy the game.

• Urza
            Urza commented
            Editing a comment
            Nah, you're cool, congrats and all that. I've won contests and lost contests and the biggest thing I learned to do was to take it out in game by beating others up if I lose :P

• Khado
            Khado commented
            Editing a comment
            Your art work was the best. Whol project, name, story and collours was just perfect. I'm sad that i didn't work harder on my project but still have some ideas in my head so be ready for next one. Also personaly i thing that Hakunamatata should get some prize for his project. I like his idea very much. But it's just my opinion. Grats one mor time!
            Last edited by Khado; May 31st, 2015, 10:53 AM.

-Sings awkwardly again- STELLA!!!

haha, well done on the win!

Just another side note...this is probably not the only time this kind of contest will happen...as Mimzy's already stated..there will be many contests to come. Instead of making up outlandish claims, maybe you should just be happy for the winners (envy and jealousy never got anyone anywhere)...and wait until the next contest and try again I'm not happy that my entry got no mention..but it's cool, I just will do better next time

Comment

• tzolak
            tzolak commented
            Editing a comment
            My post came after your initial post. I haven't been on the forums much since because I"m working a full time job at 60hrs a week right now. I understand you didn't mean it the way I pointed out, but that's how the first post came out.

Also, wasn't booted out of the club, I left of my own accord. And my 'wakeup call as Mimzy called it was harsh, but it caused a stir that made things a lot more active here on the fourm.

One thing that EVERYONE (including myself) needs to do, is be careful how they word their posts...Your first post very heavily gave the tone of claiming that there was favoritism shown....which your later posts seem to say you didn't.
            The way stuff is said is important...
            One thing people don't seem to get is that I am brutally honest with everything I say, because I believe honesty is the truest and best policy. I'm not easy to offend because of the amount of time I've spent in abusive gamer communities. I call people out for cheating, or exploiting or even just complaining about stupid stuff. Honesty is the best thing because as much as people hate it, it at least makes them aware of something that can be worked on....the problem comes when people get belligerent about it..and sadly, that seems to be the default setting of most gamers....at least based on my observation over the 10+years spent in various gaming communities.

• Natasha
            Natasha commented
            Editing a comment
            @ LanderZ thanks for eventually understanding....but believe me im not normally a person for debates....i just voiced out what i "honestly" felt about the choiceof the runner ups .Referring to my friend tzolak n how he said we should be honest with our opinion..i was being honest and i knew most people wouldn't take it nicely esp the devs and the runner ups but i gave it anyways on behalf of those who might be wondering how the winners were chosen and thats howwe got a clarification from Mimzy. As for those who mistook my first msg..note i said i found it uninteresting..would have loved to see others win,not to take it personally..doesn't that tone down the favoritism bit.If the other entries were hopelessly bad then of course we cannot debate about them. But in this instance the choices were debatable coz there were a lot of good entries and i thought the judges could have taken into consideration the effort and the courage of new ones that participated...i have nothing against the stronger and better players of the game such as yourself and wotm8...you guys are our leaders and sometimes leaders think of the weaker ones..which makes admirable and loved...hope you understand...cheers

• Natasha
            Natasha commented
            Editing a comment
            @ tzolak..yes i agree with you ...we must be honest with our opinions...so allow others to be as brutally honest as you are.If you can accuse someone(who you don't know) of been a jealous and envies person then you should expect that person to retaliate. Maybe for you it is normal to call someone jealous n envious but not everyone thinks like you. And i thougt you were suppose to be supporting the new comers in the game. This would have been a good opportunity for you to encourage everyone to participate next time.Instead you just showed how to shut someone up (who wants to participate in the forum) ...don't you think you are pretty discouraging...Even now i m giving it a second thought to talk in the forums (this will be my first and last topic that i started...though i must say i was excited to start it)..maybe leave it to you guys to take control and all the best for the rest out there.

2 months,after contest tons of legendaries and epic curios even new rare.and even the epic fire cat with wings which was made by Mimzy at the begining to show how projects should look like and still i don't see Stella...and propably Susari don't play anymore :P nice...

Comment

lol for a matter of fact thats quite true lol ....... i almost forgot about this contest and am still yet to see susari's curio and as you @khado pointed out she quit already i guess :3 :3

Comment

Working...
            X