X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspire a Curio Contest! (Closes March 11)

Inspire a Curio Contest!

Hi there Curio Questers! It’s time for our first ever forum contest, so get involved and get creative!

Our Curios are all unique, and the way they look (cute, wacky, or just plain awesome) give them a personality! Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to inspire how a new Curio will look!

Your submission can include both pictures and descriptions of what the Curio will look like (not what it does, what rarity it is, etc - we’ll take care of that part). If your idea is clearly of a certain element, you can include that, too.

Our art team will use the winning entry as inspiration for a new Curio!

Rules
    • You're allowed to have one (1) entry in the contest.
      • Enter by replying to this thread.
      • You can use an image-hosting site and use the [ img ] [ / img ] tags to make the picture show up.
    • Your entry must include:
      • Your IGN:
      • Your Player ID:
    • Entries must be submitted by March 9, 2015 at 23:59 GMT.
    • Do not include numbers, skill names, rarity, etc.
    • Your entry must be your own original concept for a max evolution Curio.
      • You may not copy anyone else's copyrighted material.
      • If your image infringes upon a copyright, it will be disqualified.
    • You may only submit your own art and descriptions that you personally have created.
      • We reserve the right to verify the originality of your entry’s art and writing via an internet search.
      • If it's not your sole work, your entry will be disqualified and all of your Curios will cry themselves to sleep at night.
    • By entering this contest, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to your entry to reference, reproduce, and alter as we see fit.
    • The decision of the Dev Judging Panel is final.
    Sample Entry
    My IGN: Mimzy
    My Player ID: mimzy5pg

My [sample] entry is a cat-dragon. He has cute little wings and breathes fire. I think he should be a fire curio, so he would look good in orange or something else fire-like.

Judging
    So who wins this one? Our panel of Dev judges will be looking for the following things.
    • Adherence to the rules (even if you've got two great ideas, save one for next time!)
    • Concept originality (did you make something new and exciting?)
    • Effort put forth (did you make a solid concept that's ready to be a new Curio?)
    • Concept cohesion (does the idea of what you've put together make sense?)
    Loot
    The thing everyone wants to know about!
    • All valid entrants will get 25 S Mastery Token Fragments.
    • Our five favorite entries will get a Lucky Shot Boost and an S Mastery Token.
    • The Grand-Prize winner’s entry will be used as inspiration for a new Curio, which they will be awarded when it becomes part of the game!
    Last edited by Mimzy; February 23rd, 2015, 09:14 PM.

As Mimzy knows from my playing LoTS, I love me some contests when writing is involved. I can't draw to save my life, so I'll be more descriptive than usual.

Without further ado, here goes!

IGN Name: Urza
    Player ID: Karnsender

Name of Curio: Gargle
    Element: Earth/Dark (Choose one, I don't care, it's too close to call)
    Description: Gargles can be seen guarding cathedrals and other holy sites with art. They wield toothbrushes and seem to always be gargling as their heads are perpetually tipped back with a white, frothy substance always oozing out. While some people point and say vulgar things, once their mouths are washed out with those toothbrushes, they tend not to say another unkind word about them. Grey in skin, blue in eyes, and white in teeth and claws, Gargles tend to favor not moving during the day. No one knows what they did to always have to wash out their mouths but none of them have shared the reason yet.

Hope you liked it! Heck, if it doesn't win, it won't hurt my feelings.

Comment

• Urza
      Urza commented
      Editing a comment
      Which is why I chose words as I can't draw. If this were purely drawing, I'd do a stick figure just for the frags and put no real effort into this. Unlike my description which is pretty bomb and out there.

• Mimzy
      Mimzy commented
      Editing a comment
      Aw, Urza, your drawing can't be any worse than mine! X-D

• Urza
      Urza commented
      Editing a comment
      Madame/Mademoiselle, it would look like a stick figure with a toothbrush and hemorrhages.

Username: Lamapudding
    Player ID: DWMFU76BH38

Once a common housefly, he enhanced himself with pure metal. His mecha suit supplies him with a massive amount of firepower as well as crushing claws.
    let me introduce: FLYBORG

Comment

• tzolak
      tzolak commented
      Editing a comment
      What class/type would it fit into in CQ?

Also, I kinda like the drawing..
      Oh, and it's your first post...welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay here!
      Last edited by tzolak; February 24th, 2015, 12:28 AM.

• Lamapudding
      Lamapudding commented
      Editing a comment
      I guess either electric or whatever type with the lifting weights is called.
      Thanks for the kind words my friend.
      Last edited by Lamapudding; February 24th, 2015, 12:43 AM.

• tzolak
      tzolak commented
      Editing a comment
      Physical would be nice. I feel that type is understaffed!

I want to know more about flyborg

Username: acexephon
    Player ID: acexephon

I don't know how plausible this curio will be, but here it goes.

Name: Mimford
    Element: Depends

Description: During a hunt, wild mimfords take on the form of their prey and even their abilities in order to get close enough to make the catch. However, when they are alone, mimfords have been described as looking like giant, floating, formless, iridescent, blobs where the only things that can be distinguished are eyes and a mouth. Mimfords tend to make their home in bodies of water in order to help conceal themselves. Some even say that when you see your reflection in a pond, you are really seeing a mimford that has taken on your form.

Comment

Username: chonas
      Playerid: chonas

All are physical type since it's the least populated element/type and the only one without a legendary. Since you guys seem to prefer dieties for legendaries I'll stick with Hercules Beetle (Hercu1337le maybe). Leaving the rest of the pictures though because they're so pretty.

Hercules Beetle: This rare insect can lift 32x the weight of a demi-god.
      Last edited by chonas; February 24th, 2015, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Mimzy
        Mimzy commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Chonas! Please take a look at the contest rules, specifically, "You're allowed to have one (1) entry in the contest." and "(even if you've got two great ideas, save one for next time!)"

Username:Stefano1990
      player ID: stefano1990

bloodyhorse fire/ light curio

this once was a normal white unicorn but to save his childs from a tiger he fought long hrs and his mantle pained of the bood of his enemies
      painted of red and a white corn
      Last edited by stefano1990; February 24th, 2015, 12:13 AM.

Comment

• tzolak
        tzolak commented
        Editing a comment
        I like the idea of a unicorn/Pegasus... Why didn't I think of that! Well played Stefano my friend!

• Serafi
        Serafi commented
        Editing a comment
        woooooooooooooooo
        pure genius stefano!! great drawing there mate.. wow

Username: Tzolak
      Player ID: Tzolak
      (Sorry, been my online alias for well over 10 years :P )

Well, these are my thoughts....

Name: Cryosphere
      Element: Water (unless you have plans to add more elements..would be cool to see an Ice one in the game :P )

Cryosphere somewhat resembles a globular shape, almost a blue haze that floats on the air. They have a definitive shape where their (well...would it be?) body mass is, but they are perpetually surrounded by an icy haze. You know when Cryosphere is near because the very ground you stand on becomes a thin sheet of ice.
      Cryosphere is friendly in nature, but when threatened, will fight and can unleash devastating spells that freeze anyone near.

Cryosphere's can be found in most icy cold places such as Ohio, and aren't afraid of anything. As stated, they are extremely friendly unless attacked, and they will defend themselves. Their abilities are many, but are often hidden from use as, they would scare small animals.
      Be warned, this happy carefree creature, whom is often somewhat hidden, is out there, and while he may be friendly, don't attempt to pick on him!

Comment

• tzolak
        tzolak commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm a horrible artist...but that was kinda fun to make :P

And I just had another cool idea I'd like to see in game, but I'll save it for later!
        Last edited by tzolak; February 24th, 2015, 12:49 AM.

Username: Tute
      Player ID: Tute

Curio name: Blazerev
      Type: Fire

Description: Blazerev is an agressive fire curio. He loves to fight with another creatures and only appears every 10 years on the top of the Incahuasi volcano. He come to this planet to interact and fight with wild Curios. Only the best curio questers can catch him.

Last edited by Tute; February 24th, 2015, 12:52 AM.

Comment

• tzolak
        tzolak commented
        Editing a comment
        I was really thinking about a volcano type character, but, there's too many fire curios in the game ;P But this is a cool idea..would love more backstory!

Username: Sashaz
      Player ID: Sashaz

Curio name: Loon
      Type: Dark

Description: Loon the red moon, his only objective to make you swoon, cover everything in red shall he soon.

Comment

• tzolak
        tzolak commented
        Editing a comment
        An intriguing idea for sure, even the rhyming sense is pure!

Also, I see you are also new to the forum, so Welcome! Hope you enjoy your stay, and can't wait to see you in game!

IGN:Chris Player ID: 1UKL4FTKCN1M CURIO NAME: Bulbie Type: Electrictype Description: Bulbie lingers into the woods and loves to scare night travellers. In daytime,.you will see him catching electrical charges into the air.. lastly, he changes light color depending on his emotions. 😛😛😛

Comment

• tzolak
        tzolak commented
        Editing a comment
        1) I've always loved your username

2) Kind of a cool idea...would love to see a backstory (that's me personally...)

• Dyllan
        Dyllan commented
        Editing a comment
        its cool but we have a bee light bulb curio already good idea is really cool

IGN: Dyllan
      Player ID: Dyllan
      Curio Name: Yewfoe
      Type: (meta) Physical

This strange curio has been spotted hovering above countless remote farms, a mountain that looks like mashed potatoes, and Roswell, New Mexico. It has a shiny, metalic body and emits lights of a full spectrum of colors below it. It's green head is encased in a protective dome, and it's means of movement is a secret to everybody.

Comment

• littleladybug2004
        littleladybug2004 commented
        Editing a comment
        I love it its so funny its so simple its so awesome !!!

IGN: Dicemasta
      Player ID: Dicemasta
      Curio Name: ShellSteam
      Type: Wind

This Curio lives in a shell made of clouds he can summon lightning, rain and wind on his foes. Whenever he is scared he crawls into his cloud with only his eyes visible but when attacking this vicious little curio moves with lightning speed to hit his enemies. Visually : He looks like a little shady figure with glowing eyes, and a cloud to cover him on the opponents turn.

Comment

IGN : Hakuryuu
        Player ID: Hakuryuu
        Curio Name : White Dragon ( you can change)
        Type: Wind

My english is poor but i try my best ;P
        Nobody knows where are they from. They appear once in the year near the highest mountain. It is unknown for what purpose. People living near the mountain call them ,,White Dragons". They look friendly but they are nasty and like to play jokes to the villagers. They are 1,5 meter long, their skin is white with blue feathers on ears, tail, legs and wings(they got two pairs).

Comment

• stefano1990
          stefano1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          really nice i like it

• tzolak
          tzolak commented
          Editing a comment
          Always wanted a few more dragons in the game. I really like this one. ....though wings look a lot like the gryphon's (from in the game)...but that's just my perception.

• littleladybug2004
          littleladybug2004 commented
          Editing a comment
          i love it so will my sister we both love dragons

IGN: Serafi
        Player ID: Serafi
        Curio Name: Ziko
        Type: Physical

Zikos are creatures that live beneath the earth in a mysterious way. They are powerful creatures that no one can face and they are very big in numbers.
        One day, they all come out from underground to earth in great numbers and conquer the whole world and no other creature could face them.
        They mastered the physical attacks after staying underground for centuries. Enjoy!
        Last edited by Serafi; February 24th, 2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• stefano1990
          stefano1990 commented
          Editing a comment
          an other earth type? booooooooo lol

• Sneaky_Rogue
          Sneaky_Rogue commented
          Editing a comment
          Make it a physical type Serafi and I'll +1 . Agreed with Stef, booo earth ;P.

PS. Reminds me of the alien from the "Can of Worms" disney channel original movie lol

• Serafi
          Serafi commented
          Editing a comment
          My dear fans, your dream came true :P
          I changed its type to physical as you all were dreaming hahahahaaa. Enjoy!!!

PS: Where is tzolak comment on me cool genius monster?
          Last edited by Serafi; February 24th, 2015, 02:44 PM.

IGN: mightyruth
        Player id: mightyruth

Curio: Mamalion (btw this is also my ign in other games)
        Type: Light with some air attacks
        Description: How she looks: (I can't draw)..a sleek female lion with a ridiculous rainbow coloured feather duster for a tail.
        Mamalion is alternately fierce and funny. She reduces enemies to dust with her fiercesome roar in protecting her offspring (or teammates). She also has the ability to render an opponent helpless with her tickle attack.

Comment

• tzolak
          tzolak commented
          Editing a comment
          I agree...more females. Silveris is kind of lonely :P

• Mightyruth
          Mightyruth commented
          Editing a comment
          we also have Rosie...

• tzolak
          tzolak commented
          Editing a comment