Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This one's for all the girls playing...

What is it about boys who think that girls come onto an online game to find people? Maybe wee just want to have fun and play? I don't know about you, but I get about 2 players a week asking for me to be their girlfriend... And no lie, they know nothing about me to the extent that they don't even know my real name... Some of them talk to me in quite a "sexual manner" which is disgusting, what do these people do when there are 10 year olds talking to them or something? I know my 8 year old sister used to talk to someone luckily they didn't say anything to her before she was told she's not allowed to play the game anymore (my parents didn't know you talk to people on it)... It's actually ridiculous how many perverts there are on this game and a lot of them initially sound like nice people... I have even had abuse from one of the players on here! I tried to report it but I never received the email for it to actually go through! Therefore, I think there should be an added button 'report' next to our contacts, but a short-hand explanation should be needed for it to go through, so we don't accidentally report people we wanted to invite into our groups?? Who's with me??

Take screenshots of it and send it into the devs through a support ticket and they will be dealt with. You can attach the pics through the reply e-mail

Comment

I tried to, I never received the email to report it, I told a mod but they didn't really seem interested...

Comment

@Lily I' am deeply sorry for your experience. Please send me the screenshots and I will personally look into this matter for you. We pride ourselves in building a comfortable gaming environment for our CQ players; however, we do get a few bad eggs from time to time. If you ever need help, please do not ever hesitate to contact me here or in-game.

You can also contact @Littlefury (Curio Community Manager). She'll be more than happy to help.

Last edited by Rupert; November 14th, 2016, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I agree.... People is too sweet with me. They think i'm a girl! Lol

Comment

Lily, Rupert said it well above, but some players forget the reason why the game is here, or are just being creepy. I've experienced the same thing you have described and when I see the occasional "dating fishing" requests in world chat, I'll personally knock it down or get the attention of a MOD. Absolutely do tell someone. We all want this game to be a fun and harassment free experience. The MODs will certainly help you, but often require the proof of screenshot in order to take specific action if they didn't witness it themselves.
            As a fellow player, I just wanted to chime in here on your post and show my support. Thanks for bringing up the subject.

Comment

The fact is a mod can do nothing if it was in a pm only devs can the most we as mods can do is mute people from world chat and in that case we certainly will otherwise your only course of action is a screen shot and contact a dev im sorry if thats not the answer you wanted but its the only truth there is mods are mere chat guardians no power for anything else

Comment

Hi Lily,

We do our best to keep World Chat a safe and happy place, but unfortunately the unpleasant elements do seep through. Dont be afraid to unfriend people, and if you feel even an ounce of harassment I urge you to reach out to me or a Mod if I'm not available - and in whatever way is most accessible at that time - including direct messages to me here, though the forum. As a fellow lady of the gaming community, I've been in your shoes before and understand the frustration and violation that can come with the territory. Sometimes the best we can do is reprimand, rise above, and report. Tell the offender that what they're saying is inappropriate, or simply stop talking to them. Unfriend them to stop direct messaging. Get screen shots if you're able, but even if you can't - please do still tell us about the situation. While the Mods and I can't be everywhere at once, we will always be here for support and assistance. Additionally, your idea of a Report button is an interesting one and I will bring it back to the team to see what we can do to accommodate. In the meantime, you can message me directly through the forum ANY time.

Comment

• clark
                  clark commented
                  Editing a comment
                  ser can i ask my acc curio in facebook cant chat to chat world i cant understand this ser... all event cant join??.. pvp only to join me

They are most likely 12 years old boys.. You should unfriend and ignore..

Comment

To be fair I get the ladies hitting on me all the stinkin time. It very annoying. I know I'm pretty cool and all but I'm not available...

Comment

I have seen many cases of this Which is not a game in which relationships with other players are sought If not to have fun and live among the players but not that way

Here is a test on this problem: http://prntscr.com/de63h7

Comment

I love Coral

Comment

Working...
                      X