X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singularity strikes again

I appreciate the auto mode, it has helped everyone a lot. As if having singularity wasn't an initiative enough to do SA (because it can solo SA), auto mode with singularity helps players further to do SA thereby leaving players without singularity at an utter disadvantage. Let's see when this curio stops being OP. Or will it never be?

Edit: I got 37k score without Singularity. Had singularity not been that OP, I would have stood a chance at the highest score because I can actually think a way to score more without spamming buttons on singularity. The highest is around 39k.

PS: not meaning to praise myself, but just stating what I observed.
    Last edited by DK_Darshan; June 29th, 2016, 06:36 AM.

Sounds like a case of sour grapes.
    The fact that you did almost the current high score without owing a Singularity is proof that owning one isn't the only way to play and do well in Survival Arena.
    Your high score is better than mine and I have an F3 Singularity. The SA highest score is more a factor of how many high level Supertechs, Spider Knights, or mega sized Macrobes you got than if you own a Singularity.
    Honestly, I'm so, so very tired of hearing the complaints of how unfair Singularity is in some events.
    And SURPRISE, the complaining seems to always come from the people that don't own one.
    I complain a real lot about Hieron and Ampaca.... and you know what? It's probably because I don't own either of those curios either.
    Maybe we should start a nerf Hieron and Ampaca campaign?
    Different curios have different skills. That's what makes the game interesting.
    If we make all curios bland and vanilla, how boring a game would we have?

Comment

• Sir jokes a lot
      Sir jokes a lot commented
      Editing a comment
      as boring as the one we have right now which is lacking love !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! give me ... more events...more reason to login.... address terrible club rewards........ event rewards.... bring back tokens............sort out daily login........... new arenas? new backgrounds?????????/ it is a FLASH game not an augmented reality game like pokemon go... please make curio quest great again,

I agree with Zombie with most of what wa said. if you managed to get that score with no Singul then you don't really need one. It all depends on how many techs and knights you get. SA ends at the same time. I have a Singul and my high score is 35K

I do however don't own a Jenite but I have been wanting that thing nerfed. It should not have 2 thorn moves simple as that

Comment

Thanks ZEG and Boyd for your inputs. I would like to mention a few things.

Firstly, SA can stop at any score after 30k. So, if my high score is more than yours, it is luck-based and not skill based. It doesn't matter if you have a F3 Singularity or an un-fused one. Reaching the end is all that matters. That brings me to my second point. Reaching the end of SA is what requires skill if one doesn't possess a Singularity, the kind of skill which I have which was taught by the likes of Piedomin, Bloodzbane and Danielle. They were the SA champions before Singularity arrived.

Let me tell you where the problem is. It lies within the fact that mere possession of a curio can help you win a tournament. Citing a previous incident, when ZEG might not have joined the game yet (forgive me if I am wrong, I am not sure of it), Stitches was 'rebalanced' by the devs because it could do around 10k alone. If a curio that can do roughly a third of the score required to finish SA can be 'rebalanced', why not a curio that can solo the entire SA? That problem has been confirmed by the devs and they said they will work on it, which is why I was seeking for any updates on it. (You can check the state of the game or patch notes where they've confirmed it.)

Coming to the point where I managed to reach the end without singularity, let me say that I am not talking about me alone(I can brag that I am smarter than others who don't have singularity but I won't do it because that isn't the purpose of this post). I am thinking objectively and saying that a curio that can alone help you finish SA is definitely considered OP and it requires 'rebalancing' (nerf in my words and rebalance in devs' words).

Coming to the point where ZEG said "And SURPRISE, the complaining seems to always come from the people that don't own one," I can counter-argue saying that only those people who have it are opposing the 'rebalance' because they don't want to lose the ease and comfort which comes with the advantage of just possessing a certain curio.
      Last edited by DK_Darshan; June 30th, 2016, 06:33 AM.

Comment

SA is the longest and most boring event in the entirety of Curio Quest. I began to hate the event because it felt like a chore.
        Autoplay button.... is a great improvement. I think it plays my Singularity with greater ease and consistency than when I run it myself.
        It's so unfair to those w/o a Sing. Tease the DK.

Comment

• DK_Darshan
          DK_Darshan commented
          Editing a comment
          We have come to humor from actual and sensible arguments, haven't we? I am confused

• DK_Darshan
          DK_Darshan commented
          Editing a comment
          I have no problems with auto battle button, to be honest, even I use it in SA and find it good.
          But the OP just got OPer and that's what I was trying to give as a feedback.

• Sir jokes a lot
          Editing a comment
          free players complaining about curios..... zombie clearly has a f3 sing as she spent. salute the spenders. the game survives due to players like this. i think we need to be respectful for curios being powerful. if you hate sa. go and buy a sing simple

DK is right. Assuming you can reach the end of SA without singularity, it probably occurs less than 100% of the time, whereas those with decent singularities can reach the end 100% of the time, afaik. Thus, even if you can occasionally win SA without singularity, you're at a disadvantage since it is not a guarantee, and you probably score much lower points. Singularity has objectively ruined SA from day one. Some people used to enjoy SA, as boring as it is, because it required strategy to do well and trying different combinations. A single curio that can come in and win by button mashing (not autoplaying) would define breaking an event. The only people who do not mind are those who have it and benefit from it, as with everything in life. However, even most people who have it can appreciate that it's broken. Btw, I hate survival arena either way. Even with singularity and autoplay I don't have the time to waste running the game on my phone all day.

Comment

• DK_Darshan
          DK_Darshan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a lot. Finally some user that has Singularity agrees with my point. ZEG, you have your guy here.

• ibex
          ibex commented
          Editing a comment
          you are asking Sing to be removed in one way.Do you realise that?

Dk , I hate seeing your name with word sing and sa. Brings back many bad memories. Then you say you got help by the same people I was asking to get help from, and you ridiculed me for. You are a much smarter player than me cause I can't even beat with sing usually and you can easily beat without. I guess just imagine if you had my team .You would probably be a top 2 player. I am just a button masher evident ally I can't follow strategy, cause sing is impossible for me.

No I'll will meant from this. Just wanted it known there are some players, probably few, like me with sing who still suck.

Comment

• DK_Darshan
          DK_Darshan commented
          Editing a comment
          You're a good player, Goob. I felt bad that some people you asked couldn't answer in a way that helped you.
          Speaking of the help I got, it was as early as the time when Gambit was introduced.

I wanted to try my new SA strategy with magmis ampaca and level 1 malagore
        Basically I theorized that I should be able to heal enough to finish a SA run even if it was going to take 2 hours at least I would have achieved it..

I had prepared everything, I thought that if I succeed, I'd be the first to succeed without sing or full mythic or F3 team.. I would have been LEGENDARY! and then I got Sing in mythic battle core.. When I saw it, I sighed and lost all pent up motivation..

I didn't even try to finish the SA run without him, I didn't even need to use ampaca or magmis.. At rank IV, Sing was plenty enough and it wasn't even hard..

Comment

• ibex
          ibex commented
          Editing a comment
          yes it was probably easier but think whether it would be good for a normal battle after the nerf again?

• Sir jokes a lot
          Editing a comment
          if that was me i would of still stuck to my strategy to see how far i can go. the game can be really boring when you have no energy to use up

I agree with a lot of what was said above including DK and ZombieExGirlfriend, I have a different complaint about singularity and SA though: singularity killed the strategy and competition it needs to be a top player in this event. Competition went from 1-5 players to everyone who owns a singularity and is willing to put in 24 hours of non-stop non-thinking play. There's no thinking involved in this event, so I'm even less motivated to do anything but minimum point rewards. Before autoplay was introduced, I was trying to get maximum point rewards in a minimum amount of games, this way I have some motivation to play and strategize. Now that autoplay was introduced though, I don't really feel compelled to play unless I need coins. It's way easier to get coins now, but it's really really boring. This event needs to be replaced with something else entirely, something that requires thinking and strategy to win. In this way, singularity did end this event for me, and I don't think I'm the only one who feels this way.

FWIW, I got singularity in the first sale.

Comment

• DK_Darshan
          DK_Darshan commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Danielle for your opinion. I hope people notice that people who have Singularity will now know that even people with Singularity feel that thinking process has been eliminated once you have singularity and that is why it is not good for others.

• ibex
          ibex commented
          Editing a comment
          Not everyone can get them,But seriosuly competiotion has increased these days.So I recommend a tier increase like upto 100k.No nerf is required

• Sir jokes a lot
          Editing a comment
          you paid for a sing you got a sing. what i think needs looking at is the event itself.... daily reward !!!!!!!!! daily wheel !!!!!!!!! new zones !!!!!!!!!!!! live pvp ????? FORGET electron and void grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Cept me. Who still can't beat it unless dark boosted.

Comment

• LittleFury
          LittleFury commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe your Sing needs to take vitamins?

Dk dude It is OP in SA yes but why nerf it?if you nerf it,it will get weaker for normal battles like in cvc and pvp.Why don't you just ask it to be removed and you probably don't have sing right?It is already having a hard time against many curios now.Many of the new curios are good at removing buffs.

Comment

• DK_Darshan
          DK_Darshan commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't want it to be nerfed if there is any other solution. For example, devs can tweak SA so that singularity no longer solos SA.

• Sir jokes a lot
          Editing a comment
          there is a way to nerf it without nerfing it if that makes sense have more curios remove stack buffs . introduce curios which push curios to the bench and remove stacks. leave them locked out etc. bench drain etc have a giant marobe come out that laughs at sing and reduces it to a donut....

so much can be done !!!!!!

Hmm I don't care about that as long as it is not nerfed.

Comment

Hey everyone - the feedback is all hugely appreciated, and all sides of this Sing cube are worthwhile insights. But rather than adjusting the Curio, we're considering adjusting SA - including who you battle. While we work on a master fix, enjoy the auto play and know that we're not ignoring the issue, but want to go about the best-fit solution that doesn't involving any Curio altering. This is, overall, an awesome example of a valuable forum discussion. Keep it up. It helps us and then we get to help you.

Cheers and happy gaming! - LF

Comment

• Sir jokes a lot
            Editing a comment
            what i dont understand is . if you pay for content you should be able to enjoy it !!!!!!!!!!!!

what about tiers in an event you can choose the level you are attempting to play? more curios which remove buffs. why not include a round where 3 waves od zephroys come out which remove buffs that should sort them out or somethin similar

hope you read this ! NEW ZONES NEW CONTENT NEW DAILY LOGIN. PLEASE CHANGE THE AWFUL PRIZE WHEEL. THE LAB HASNT BEEN CHANGED IN FOREVER. CAN WE HAVE RED TOKENS IN THE ARCADE THEY NEVER DROP. THE DAILY WHEEL GIVES THE SAME THINGS

PS I DONT WANT THE SAME CURIO ON MY 8TH DAY PLEASEEEE ! HOW ABOUT YOU CAN CRAFT LEGEND DNA FROM ZONES? CASTLE ZONE? IT MIGHT NOT BE THE GREATEST ADDITION BUT LEGENDS WERE THE MOST FUN IN THE GAME. MYTHIC ARE JUST BUFF AND BLAST NO BRAINER CURIOS

We're working on a monthly Daily login reward system, and a new zone is in progress but going to take quite some time as there are a lot of factors leading to putting one together. Once I have a better idea of when it will be delivered, I'll inform the Community! With many bells and whistles. What would you like to see in the prize wheel? How about the Lab? Where else would you like to see Arcade balls?

Comment

1st of all, i'm really glad you're asking our opinions in the above post, as it is a clear sign you care about your playerbase.

Prize wheel, current TYPE of rewards are fine, just need some better one's within the rewards.

- rank tokens: give us more rank IV, V, VI fragments, those are the ones we need the most.
            - coins/exp: again, current prizes are too low, something like 25k exp or 50k coins would be great
            - gems: gems are easily the best prize, but the chance of getting them from the wheel is really low, higher chance + at least 50 gems if you get them would be nice, 20 gems is just terribly disappointing
            - arcade tokens: odds of getting it are good, but 10 arcade tokens is rather low, I'd suggest a 50 minimum?
            - energy: pretty much worthless right now until a new zone pops up, I suggest replacing it with enhancements (unless crafting gets better, see below).
            - pvp tickets/AP: these are fine to me, no changes necessary

Lab: make crafts relevant (i.e. curios and boosts). Crafting epics would be great as it would be a guaranteed way to get certain epics. For boosts it's pretty obvious I guess, but they're already rewarded through pvp so again, crafting enhancements would be great. A bonus to all this is that people actively need to search for parts, increasing energy needed and makes us less inclined to complain about needing a new zone :P

Arcade balls: Personally, I don't need to see them anywhere else, just through friends is fine but having more friends would be appreciated, 50 is tough. See prize wheel rewards for what would be good rewards. Remove the crappy boosts you can get from them please. A slight chance to yield an epic would be great too (1%). Honestly, I think most people just use them for additional AP or coins.

As I've played CQ every single day since I started (October 2015), I'm very much looking forward to the monthly log-in system.

Comment

Working...
            X