Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Live PvP all-time leaderboard and other thoughts.

I'm sure there have been a lot of discussions on live PvP before. But since I started playing I haven't seen much talk about it at all, and not that many people seem to be playing it.
    A lot of players seem to feel that it's pointless to play when there is nothing to gain from it. It's really sad since it's such a fun aspect of the game and, in my opinion, could even be the best feature in the entire game if it was developed further.

What would you guys think of an all-time leaderboard for live PvP?

First off, people would actually start playing live PvP. This would be a huge improvement of the game for people who are interested in competitive PvP. It would make the game a litle more complicated and require people to think even more strategically when building their teams and when fighting.

Secondly, this would make sure there is always something to do in the game, when you've run out of energy, activity points and PvP tickets. Besides the weekly events there would always be one ongoing event for people to participate in.

Ofcourse the devs would have to come up with a functioning ranking system that players won't be able to abuse, since (if) there would be no limit on how much you can play.
    One way this could work would be to make a system where you get more points the higher rank the opponent is compared to yourself. This would prevent people with extremely good curios from grinding battles with low-ranked players to get to an extremely high rank. So, to gain points you have to win against someone who has around the same points/rank as yourself or higher.

What is keeping the devs from working on Live PvP? Maybe there is already plans on improving it?

Please let me know what you guys think.
    Do you like live PvP as it is or do you want to see it expand?
    Pros and cons?
    Should there be rewards like the other events or just a leaderboard? (Perhaps being able to show your rank next to your name as a little reward?)
    An option (for example when you click someones name in chat) to choose who you battle?

I know at least I would be completely hooked if something like this was implemented
    ​Sorry for weird English
    Last edited by trra; March 9th, 2016, 02:14 PM.

I love this idea ♡

Comment

sounds good

Comment

dats cool bro, bad dat im not good at pvp live .

Comment

Very good idea and adding some rewards will boost this.

Comment

Great ideal! We'll be sure to pass it along to the CQ team. Thanks for the thoughtful post, trra!

Comment

• Mjoern
              Mjoern commented
              Editing a comment
              Wowow! wait a second!

I agree it is a good idea but Live PvP allows some player to use something else than mythics, kernal, sapph or ignitar..
              Live PvP allows us to fight using commons against other commons, epics against other epics and more recently the rare curios have started to catch up with the common curios in term of strength because they are easier to get than before.

Live PvP is where we can make our own challenge..
              who is going to be the epic king?(< i've been holding that title for the past three months after I took it from Iashref in a literally "epic" best of 9 that I won 5-3) who has the best legendary, common and rare team?
              Who is the best when it comes to uphill tournament? (*v* then **v**, then ***v*** , etc..)

If Live PvP step away from the Alpha stage and becomes a rewarding feature of the game with objectives and leaderboards, How can we still take pride in our Uber 15k HP clawsphorus?

If one day they decide to make Live PvP more interesting, it can only make the game better but it mustn't be destroying that freedom that made Live PvP attractive despite the lack of rewards..

They knows how to code it.. only common/rare/epic/legend allowed.. they already did it, if they want to improve Live PvP, it would be really cool if they'd make tiers.
              Like if you click on the common tier tab, you'd be sure to only face common curios, etc..

Also, Live PvP allows us to battle against friends.. something like that would make that much harder because of how crowded they would be (hopefully at least).. that would still be a huge improvement of course but even though we'd win a lot, we'd lose that Raw open source feeling we get from fighting in Live PvP

Wowow! wait a second!

I agree it is a good idea but Live PvP allows some player to use something else than mythics, kernal, sapph or ignitar..
            Live PvP allows us to fight using commons against other commons, epics against other epics and more recently the rare curios have started to catch up with the common curios in term of strength because they are easier to get than before.

Live PvP is where we can make our own challenge..
            who is going to be the epic king?(< i've been holding that title for the past three months after I took it from Iashref in a literally "epic" best of 9 that I won 5-3) who has the best legendary, common and rare team?
            Who is the best when it comes to uphill tournament? (*v* then **v**, then ***v*** , etc..)

If Live PvP step away from the Alpha stage and becomes a rewarding feature of the game with objectives and leaderboards, How can we still take pride in our Uber 15k HP clawsphorus?

If one day they decide to make Live PvP more interesting, it can only make the game better but it mustn't be destroying that freedom that made Live PvP attractive despite the lack of rewards..

They knows how to code it.. only common/rare/epic/legend allowed.. they already did it, if they want to improve Live PvP, it would be really cool if they'd make tiers.
            Like if you click on the common tier tab, you'd be sure to only face common curios, etc..

Also, Live PvP allows us to battle against friends.. something like that would make that much harder because of how crowded they would be (hopefully at least).. that would still be a huge improvement of course but even though we'd win a lot, we'd lose that Raw open source feeling we get from fighting in Live PvP

(sorry for double post, I thought that the most important to target was Littlefury But i also wanted most ppl that commented here to be able to see and give their opinions)

Comment

Passing this along to the team just means we'll open it up for discussion. A lot would need to happen behind the scenes to make any updates to PvP as it is now, but we like to consider all of our options. Keep the feedback coming from both sides of the issue, as Quester insights are always valuable. Thanks for the thoughtful responses here!

Comment

does the rage-quiting opponent count as win, cos my team is basely double-twitch stall

Comment

I can think of many ways to prevent that from happening Mjoern.
                  Tiers, as you mentioned, would be great.
                  An even simpler solution would be to simply split it into two leagues, ranked and unranked. If you just want to play around testing out different curios with your friends, you play unranked. And if you want to play competetive and rank up the leaderboards you play ranked.

There could be tournaments, maybe an epic only tournament for instance, so you could be the epic king for real
                  If not officially made by the devs players could host tournaments here on the forums! That's what we did on a game (very similar to CQ) called Geomon a few years back, and it was so much fun!

Also if they made an option to battle whoever you want by just clicking their name and then "send battle request", it wouldn't matter if live PvP would be more crowded, you would still be able to battle your friends at any time.

I really think it would create so much more opportunities rather than ruining it.

I think eventually some people might feel that this game becomes a little bit repetitive at times, only battling the AI. (Which still is fun, don't get me wrong).
                  There isn't as much skill involved. The curios and their abilities are made so that there are so much possibilities for different ways to play and different strategies, but in my opinion the game doesn't really show it's full potential in regular PvP.

Also with live-PvP you really get the feeling of playing an online-multiplayer game
                  Last edited by trra; May 2nd, 2016, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X