X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sick of fighting three 4 star curios in pvp

I have spent money and over 8000 gems and only got 1 3 star Octo from all of it but constantly have to fight in PvP against people with all theirs being 4 stars. Either people have bots and are cheating or I just got screwed out of my money from CQ. And I see people with newest four stars just released lvl 40 already. How the hell is that possible with 24 hr cooldowns and the plethora of exp needed to level 75 times to get to 40. There is some bull**** going on and I want answers. Goob

1) 8000 Gems is 5x 5-purchases and roughly a pair of single-purchases from Prem shop. Even if we assumed the high end of 3% Legendary rates and 1% for the singles, you'd have a cumulative ~15.83% chance from that of getting a Legendary in the shop. I've personally spent much more than this just looking for a single Legendary, so.... Yeah....

2) You can buy Gems for money. No hacking needed, just a credit card. I'm not advertising that anyone do this [nor advocating folks do not: Decide if it's worthwhile to you], just stating the facts.

3) Many people run an abundance of leftover Experience. I cannot remember the last time I even had under 100,000 Experience, and typically have ~250k when a new Legendary comes out. It only takes ~138k to get a Curio to Level 40.

4) You can speed up the 24/48hr cooldowns for the shop upgrader for 100 Gems apiece.

Long story short, you're probably fighting spending players. They can still be beaten by playing smarter, but it's gonna be an uphill battle, to be sure.

Comment

i agree with you.. choosing a good skill is pretty important too. dont nees to force your self, this is game just enjoy it. interact with other player is my happiness.

Comment

Sorry, had to correct some numbers, since I forgot that buying 5 packs of Curios actually gives you 5 Curios.

Those buys would give you a 54.23% chance of getting the Legendary at those numbers.

Comment

I'm just sick of not having the chance for higher stars... having to spend to play with the big leagues in a game doesn't sit well with me.

Comment

Goob's point doesn't stand with me, but Urza's point I understand. I put a lot of money into the game and have 4 legendaries, 3 of which are maxed out. It annoys me that in order to get those, I have to drop loads of money. I understand the need to make money to keep games running, but, most games always have SOME way to get premium or high ranked items...even if it takes lots of work and time.

Comment

honestly speaking... i do regret spending over $300 currently to end up with just a Penzai...but, of course, hindsight is 20/20... that being said I would happily spend that and more to obtain a thunder and fire legendary

Comment

for me...I don't like the gambling element, would be happy to spend money on a direct buy but spending $20 and ending up with 5 2-stars that I already have does not appeal. So I am hoping that at some point the 4 stars become farmable, I'm happy to work for them and pay for them but not to gamble for them. But I realize that gambling is how 5pg makes their money!

Comment

Exactly. Spending money for something purely random sucks. But I figure that's how they make most money. Just pisses me off barely cracking 250 in PvP and zero chance to finish challenge levels cause no fire curios after all that spending.

Comment

It's all luck of the draw. I spent $20 and got lucky with Joules....got him on my first pull....not so lucky with Aznu or Skoll..probably dropped at least $100 each...Silveris..my first (and still favorite) I got fairly lucky on and only dropped about $50....

It sucks that it is basically gambling, but it's worth it.

Comment

It's only worth it if you do get lucky though. I mean, let's think about this.

On average those of you who said you have a Legend spent at least 150 dollars.
                      Let's break that down.

150 dollars gets you about 10000 Gems (IIRC without looking)
                      You each got one or two out of those without getting much of anything else in return. (Not knowing your 3 stars you got kinks this a bit but I'll make do)
                      So on average you spent 75 bucks to get ONE big dog. Look, even Skylanders and the Amiibo market doesn't make you lose money this fast. Unlike previous Premiums in Legacy of a Thousand Suns, you're spending gobs to gamble ONLY instead of having an option that changes weekly/bi-weekly.

This ISN'T going to keep freebies around and pay-to-play will leave too without new content spewing out VERY quickly.

Comment

I'm a free player (other than spending $10 right away for Draking) and I have 2 legendaries. I earn and save up gems, and buy 5 at a time and got lucky. Just saying this to give some hope to those who don't want to spend a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenged View Post
                          I'm a free player (other than spending $10 right away for Draking) and I have 2 legendaries. I earn and save up gems, and buy 5 at a time and got lucky. Just saying this to give some hope to those who don't want to spend a lot of money.
                          You, sir are a hero! Love what you said!

Comment

I am up to 3 Legendaries, still as a free player. Saved up 900 gems, and should have 1500 in a week or so.

Comment

Working...
                            X