Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curio rebalance - Fritter

Dear Devs,

I'm not sure if your aware of how overpowered Fritter is, quite a few people have brought it up on the forum as well as through in-game chat.
    Fritter has the ability to almost kill of your whole team due to it's specific high impact skills which target your inactive curios, I don't have the name of the specific skills as I do not own said curio.
    Please take a look at Fritter and rebalance at the moment Fritter is more powerful the a legendary.

Kind regards
    TheMistress.

+1 Since hydragon got nerfed, the most common fritter counter got removed. On a side note, what can I use right now to counter fritter?

Comment

While I love my Fritter, I agree he is too strong.

He already has some pretty big cooldowns, and he barely runs through his mana before he gets taken down, so the ideal would be reducing the raw damage he does. If he can simply knock both benched Curio down to 1/2 or 1/3 HP remaining, rather than ravaging them and dealing 1/2 the health of the current Curio, it'd be less unbalanced IMO.

Comment

Hydragon wasn't a secure counter to Fritter before, since it rarely managed to kill the Fritter before the curio it had to tank killed it off instead. Fritter can do 3000 damage to a backup curio in single turn, which makes even a wounded Fritter extremely dangerous. If you can't kill the Fritter in a single hit after it enters the fray, the days of your backup curios might be numbered.

Comment

I'm glad a Fritter owner is also in agreement here. I'm running an all epic team and if I start a battle facing Fritter, my success rate is probably below 20%. I've always thought it was a bit off balance when Fritter, an epic, can wipe out 2.5 epics before his demise.

Comment

I see a HUGE problem with this.

Yes he is super strong and the reason people spent A LOT of money on him. In some cases 100's of dollars. If they start nerfing bought items I would hope they also give the opportunity of reimbursement. I for one would have saved my money and not spent if he WASN'T as strong as he is. If anything just give him a 4 star rating and do NOT nerf him. Hydragon was pretty much a freebie. Fritter was not!

Comment

Originally posted by Typale View Post
              I see a HUGE problem with this.

Yes he is super strong and the reason people spent A LOT of money on him. In some cases 100's of dollars. If they start nerfing bought items I would hope they also give the opportunity of reimbursement. I for one would have saved my money and not spent if he WASN'T as strong as he is. If anything just give him a 4 star rating and do NOT nerf him. Hydragon was pretty much a freebie. Fritter was not!

agree, he shouldnt get a nerf, other new curios should just be able to match his power, something to counter him..

Comment

Originally posted by wotm8 View Post

agree, he shouldnt get a nerf, other new curios should just be able to match his power, something to counter him..

yes this would be perfect. It a slippery slope when you start messing with items that were bought at their current power level and then decide to change it after.

Comment

I have fritter, and I agree that he is ridiculously strong. I don't think he should be nerfed though, just modified. I spent a lot of money on him because of those specific abilities. Adjusting the move so it hits just one inactive curio would balance things out without having to change his damage.
                  Last edited by TL_Regaris; December 21st, 2014, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TL_Regaris View Post
                    I have fritter, and I agree that he is ridiculously strong. I don't think he should be nerfed though, just modified. I spent a lot of money on him because of those specific abilities. Adjusting the move so it hits just one inactive curio would balance things out without having to change his damage.

in my opinion that would be somewhat a nerf, i still think the best way to go about it is to implement new curios with just as strong abilities, not necessarily something that attacks the whole team like fritter does but just something of equal power or something to counter him, might have stronger single targeting skills instead of skills that hit the inactive members

Comment

Originally posted by wotm8 View Post

in my opinion that would be somewhat a nerf, i still think the best way to go about it is to implement new curios with just as strong abilities, not necessarily something that attacks the whole team like fritter does but just something of equal power or something to counter him, might have stronger single targeting skills instead of skills that hit the inactive members

I agree with this, but it would be hard for free players to get these new curios. And even if they did get enough gems to buy a premium disk, they wouldn't be guaranteed that curio. Maybe if 5PG made the new curio craftable, then more people would have a chance to get it.

Comment

• wotm8
                        wotm8 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        the new curios would be just as hard to get for free players as it was to get fritter for them unfortunately, did you see my dear dev post the other day? it had some great ideas on crafting epic/legendary curios so free players get chances to get a legendary curio too.

I did see that post and thought it was a great idea. Not everyone can afford to spend a hundred bucks on a CHANCE to get a legendary (or even epic) curio.

Comment

• wotm8
                        wotm8 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yeah thats why i reckon daily spins have a chance to get a material piece for an epic curio, would be amazing to see more free chances to get epics and legendarys, not for me to be greedy but for free players to be able to counter back in pvp and cvc.

I agree with them above too. Hydragon is free. I've only spent money on 3 curios. Fritter erebus and penzai. And only because I needed them. Leveling up fritter seems a good idea as there isn't a fire legendary at the moment. Also creating a water counter that can match fritter makes more sense.

Comment

maybe to counter fritter the next legendary will be of water element?

Comment

I personally think they should wait on releasing another legendary. We've had 3 in the past month, and for most players that's put a huge hole in their wallet. I do think a craftable epic curio should be made to counter fritter though.

Comment

Working...
                          X